The Borough

a proper pub

gadgies complaining about 'the state of the toilets' get a grip man you utter fannies.

half decent beer, eclectic mix of non-normal people, old style layout, no posers, jukey, weird staff, old carpets and pub smell... it might not have been for everyone but a 'terrible pub' it certainly wasn't. was as close to a traditional pub as you could get these days

R.I.P The Borough (proper pub)
Bang on.

Where else can ya gan on a Friday or Saturday night and blast a bit of Into The Void on the jukebox man.

Aye but the draught has been shite for about the last 10 years.
I tended to drink Heineken or Stella in there and it was always spot on.

I found a tenner in the urinal before.
:lol: I'd have probably left it in there like.

I’ve never been in , I’ve not lived in Sunderland since I was a baby mind you so I’m only ever here for the match , and every time I walked past it just looked dirty and neglected so I never bothered. I wish I had now , sounds like it will be just another pub when finished. I’d also rather drink with goths , punks and metal fans than the charver element - They are all usually on smack or something and are much more likely to cause bother than someone who wants to talk about American Muscle Cars while listening to The Floyd!

I had a look in and it's no where near finished. They have taken the bar out of the middle so it looks like another bar-cafe I suppose

The Borough
The Beehive
The Blandford
The Vestry
The Continental
What's a matter with crowtree Rd like

Last edited by a moderator:

Back