The Borough

The pub itself isn’t of my taste ,but every now and then I crave a smooth creamy pint of Fosters that is onpoint pint after pint .

Sinatra’s scratches that itch

If we stop over after a match we tend to have a couple in there like after Boro last week when we got back. Cheap enough and pints are canny.

I met my ex wife in there, she was a barmaid around 1980.
I was asked by the doorman one night to stop anyone else coming in as time had been called. 3 lads turned up, I told them "its shut lads its time", "are you going to stop us coming in?" "Go straight up the stairs lads"

It was also the pub a lot of the lads would meet in before the match, and it used to open at 10:30 on a saturday, which was a big deal in those days.

I got f***ing smashed in there one boxing day before a game at Newcastle, on Double Maxim, then Southern Comfort, got the last train through, battered the fuckers outside the station before the match, I got a good kicking afterwards, and we got beat

The only pub I ever got stopped from going in for being underage ( home match against the mags but not Boxing Day ) replying I couldn't f***ing tell you to the bouncer about my date of birth didn't help.

Had to go in the Beehive and drink on my own till the lads came over .

No mobile phones in the. 70's

The only pub I ever got stopped from going in for being underage ( home match against the mags but not Boxing Day ) replying I couldn't f***ing tell you to the bouncer about my date of birth didn't help.

Had to go in the Beehive and drink on my own till the lads came over .

No mobile phones in the. 70's

The Borough
The Beehive
The Blandford
The Vestry
The Continental

Remember when we first went in, early 90s used to stand in the corner between the door and the delightful toilets near the jukey. Old boy with a twitch at the bar always looking up to the door every 10 seconds.

Suddenly one night our quiet group was disturbed by a fight that came into the pub from the emergency exit that led onto the back street.

Nobody batted an eyelid as the fight continued in the pub after starting in the back street, was like the wild west for a few minutes and all arse over tit.

Remember when we first went in, early 90s used to stand in the corner between the door and the delightful toilets near the jukey. Old boy with a twitch at the bar always looking up to the door every 10 seconds.

Suddenly one night our quiet group was disturbed by a fight that came into the pub from the emergency exit that led onto the back street.

Nobody batted an eyelid as the fight continued in the pub after starting in the back street, was like the wild west for a few minutes and all arse over tit.

The best wild west event I ever saw was in The Continental, playing the mags at home, about a dozen of them in the corner when we got in, f***ing hell, bottles, pool balls, pool cues smashed mirrors, and barmaids screaming, not a hard lad by any means but ended up getting stitches in my hand from a bottle

The best wild west event I ever saw was in The Continental, playing the mags at home, about a dozen of them in the corner when we got in, f***ing hell, bottles, pool balls, pool cues smashed mirrors, and barmaids screaming, not a hard lad by any means but ended up getting stitches in my hand from a bottle
They wouldnt have been from Seaham or Murton in those days either

Its been worse in its day and yet better as it was full of punters,the nearest we had to a Newcastle type rock bar.Not full on headbanging but welcoming to all and the Charva crowd hated it ,win win .Had my 40th birthday drink in there ,about 25 of us just having a few beers

Love the fact it was like a star wars bar- people always in good form in there- some good metal on juke box but shite beer

Does Serge the crazy eastern European bouncer still run the doors there?
He was on when I was in just before Christmas aye.

Was in there with our boy a few year ago, we'd had a few and our boy was getting a bit wobbly. He stumbled into someone, stepped back to apologise and knocked into someone else. While he's getting an earful off the first fella the second one pushed him in the back. I pushed the second lad and didn't even have a chance to say owt before Serge had me out the door.

Took me ages to get our boy's attention stood outside while he's drinking on, oblivious to owt.

Back