The Board

Have completely misjudged the mood of the fans and this managerial appointment. Some managers would have been given a period of grace, Parkinson was no ones choice and is up against it day one.
Parkinson has to hit the ground running no doubt as if he doesnt the fans will turn a lot faster than they did on ross. Not only that but stewart donald has put his neck on the line here too as he has appointed a bloke that the vast majority of our fans didnt want and he knew it. If this goes tits up it wont be just parkinson who gets the shite, it will be stewart donald too.

Seriously the anti sunderland bile you have been spouting all day , you could do with a ban.
Just incredibly disappointing that this club is set to stay in the doldrums for the foreseeable. Still some will lap it up and make it sound a good thing.

I wouldn’t mind short term pain for long term gain.

There isn’t much evidence of improving player recruitment, promoting academy players, creating a playing style that continues even if coaches/managers change.

It all rests on appointments made at the top.

What the customer wants, how a product makes a consumer feel is top of the list fir most corporations when decisions are made

It's not a normal business though. If a hairdresser made a mess of my hair, I'd go to another hairdresser. If I bought a dress and it went all bobbly and out of shape after a couple of washes, I'd go to another dress shop. You can't do that with football. You have your team and regardless of what happens, you still follow them. They know this and know people will turn up regardless.

They get money from lots of sources, not just gate receipts. TV rights, image rights, sponsorship, corporate hospitality and so on will generate a vast proportion of the income.

While ordinary supporters are a stakeholder, I don't believe we are a significant one.

I was gutted with it initially as it speaks volumes about our current financial situation and is uninspiring. Just hope he makes a good start and we can gather some momentum. Nothing against the bloke personally and listening to him he’s saying the right things (which they always do).

Pearson with Phillips no.2 was un realistic?
We don’t know for sure mate.
Any manager with experience like Pearson will have his own take on the way he wants to run it. He would have his own agenda on who he would want to bring in etc.
Maybe his “ideal” wasn’t realistic for the club at this time? But hey I don’t know what that means in pounds shillings and pence.

Pearson and Phillips wanted the job yet goes for Parkinson. Hasn't listened to the fans at all, not surprised he got off Twitter when he did, knew the anger from the fans was coming his way. The anger will still be there on match day Stewie if things don't go well.
How do you know Pearson wanted the job?

I hope he wins every game

However, this should not hide the fact that the club is a shambles. I do have faith in him that the second a signing is imposed upon him he will walk mind.

Look Parky can't do anything about the games we've played so far and the points we've achieved.

Parky is starting with a handicap we are where we are and he has to work with that. Can't bring players in until January and can't do anything about the teams above us and the points they've got on the board

He has to be judged on whether he gets us in the play offs. The play offs are a lottery and if we lost them again I wouldn't blame Parky

I think expecting automatic promotion given our position is too unrealistic for me I'll judge him on whether we get playoffs. If he had started the season in charge I've no doubt he would have us piss automatic promotion and I'd be judging him on that criteria

Four points of second with a game in hand and you reckon the absolute best we can hope for is the playoffs?

Back