The Blandford

I vaguely remember the Tap & Spile down Hendon having one, but could well be wrang

Aye, the Tap and Spile defintely had one in the early nineties. We used to drink there as young lads.

Thinking about it, we used to do some combo of upstairs in the Blandford, downstairs in the Borough, the Ivy, Tap and Spile, Catholic Club, Windsor Castle, and the Brewery Tap, before heading to Ku. There’s some weird and wonderful pubs in that list. It was a canny laugh though.

Aye, the Tap and Spile defintely had one in the early nineties. We used to drink there as young lads.

Thinking about it, we used to do some combo of upstairs in the Blandford, downstairs in the Borough, the Ivy, Tap and Spile, Catholic Club, Windsor Castle, and the Brewery Tap, before heading to Ku. There’s some weird and wonderful pubs in that list. It was a canny laugh though.

Haha aye, I've probably ran into you way back then, you'll know Lord Sammy of Burton House :D

I do remember going upstairs in the Blandford in the early days. I've even got a memory of dying for a piss while walking up the stairs.

Upstairs in The Borough was class as fuck like back then.

was one of the first pubs in the town to have a video jukebox IIRC like, probs late 80's

Last edited by a moderator:
They knew the future.:cool: Then they stopped in time. Which is a good thing in this day and age of shit, large chain pubs.;)
Do they still have the video Jukebox in?:lol:

I havn't been in for about 10 years, used to play pool upstairs regularly like, loved the place and they might well have:lol:

My Da loves the place. Sat in there with him last year when Cheltenham was on and we won just over £1400 between us so I've got happy memories of the place. Betfred next door probably won't agree though. As the OP says though it's a good honest boozer and there's a place for them.

Was last in in 1994, on a Friday afternoon black un straight from graft. I'd already been drinking through the railway tavern at fencehouses, and was three sheets to the wind. A game of killer began, to which I proceeded to play out of my skin (one of those rare times where every shot you hit goes in, and I'm garbage at pool @moshpit ) and ended up winning.
Thought I was garna get hoyed down the stairs

Was last in in 1994, on a Friday afternoon black un straight from graft. I'd already been drinking through the railway tavern at fencehouses, and was three sheets to the wind. A game of killer began, to which I proceeded to play out of my skin (one of those rare times where every shot you hit goes in, and I'm garbage at pool @moshpit ) and ended up winning.
The Beehive could get a bit lively round the pool table anarl.

Haha aye, I've probably ran into you way back then, you'll know Lord Sammy of Burton House :D

was one of the first pubs in the town to have a video jukebox IIRC like, probs late 80's
it had one in 1984 - Madonna, King, Dead or Alive were virtually on repeat- and Taking Heads- not many other videos around then. All day drinking wasnt around then but i distinctly remember staying in there all day on a saturday.

I grew up in Fencehouses and cant think where this is.

Back