The Big Lebowski - 20th anniversary....

For any fans of the film look up the Lebowski Fest that takes place in America. Some true aficionados and brilliant costumes.

but they did write Bad Santa
IMDB credits Glenn Ficarra & John Requa as writing it, but i found this...

2. THE COEN BROTHERS HELPED DEVELOP THE MOVIE.
Raising Arizona, Fargo, and, er, Bad Santa? Believe it. According to director Terry Zwigoff, the Coens were actually the first choice to helm the movie. “The story I had heard was that the original writers, who wrote about 90 percent of what you see in any of the cuts, John Requa and Glenn Ficarra, met the Coen brothers and said, ‘We want to write a script that you guys direct.’ And they said, ‘We only direct our own writing but we've always had this crazy idea about this drunken Santa Claus and this little person elf that has to keep him in line,” Zwigoff told IndieWire.

“So John and Glenn wrote this script," Zwigoff continued. "And the Coen brothers read it and they told them, ‘We don't want to direct it. We think it's great but we don't want to do it.’ So they asked them if they could give them some notes. And when the Coens sat down to try and give them notes over a weekend, eventually they just thought it would be easier if they take a pass on it and rewrite it.”

As was previously mentioned most of their (Coen Bros) films are worth a watch.
Fargo, Miller's Crossing, Raising Arizona, No Country for Old Men probably the best. Oh and its not directed by them but they did write Bad Santa.

I think their only total duffer of a film is the remake of The Ladykillers.

Got a rug a couple of weeks ago from IKEA. It really ties the room together so decided to watch The Big Lebowski again.

Have seen it a few times but there are so many great lines you can watch it again and again.

Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing. :D

Because it's one of the funniest films ever. In my opinion of course, but I am right. Mark it magnificent!!!

Was Alicia Silverstone, watchable at the time.
It's not funnier that This Is Spinal Tap!, The Life of Brian, National Lampoon's Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, South Park Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Dumb and Dumber, Blazing Saddles, The Naked Gun, Team America, The Blues Brothers, Planes, Trains & Automobiles........

It's not funnier that This Is Spinal Tap!, The Life of Brian, National Lampoon's Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, South Park Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Dumb and Dumber, Blazing Saddles, The Naked Gun, Team America, The Blues Brothers, Planes, Trains & Automobiles........
Other than Life of Brian and Blazing Saddles, yes it is.

Back