The Big Lebowski - 20th anniversary....

i think the nihilists are my favorite...

Nihilist: Ve believes in nossing, Lebowski. Nossing. And tomorrow ve come back and ve cut off your chonson
The Dude: Excuse me?
Nihilist: I said [shouting]
Nihilist: We’ll cut off your johnson!

Just been reading about this as it's on at my favourite, the Tyneside Cinema, with after party and free White Russian, man.
The Big Lebowski plus after party - Film & Events | Tyneside Cinema
Not so sure about the after party tbh.
the white russian sounds like a good deal though...

Last edited:

I hated it the first time I watched it but was persuaded to watch it a second time and really enjoyed it. Not sure what brought about the change of heart.
I do find that suffers from the same thing as Pulp Fiction and Withnail and I in that a certain type of person feels the need to quote it publicly and can't watch it without saying the dialogue out loud.

I insist on watching this film on my own for this reason

I hated it the first time I watched it but was persuaded to watch it a second time and really enjoyed it. Not sure what brought about the change of heart.
I do find that suffers from the same thing as Pulp Fiction and Withnail and I in that a certain type of person feels the need to quote it publicly and can't watch it without saying the dialogue out loud.
Perfume Ponce!

Jeff Bridges finest role and he has done plenty of dam good movies. Cohen Brothers hardly ever fail to captivate ...

About 3 years ago had a weekend on my own as the wife and my 2 daughters went on a trip to the harry potter studios and a London show ...Had a mate round went through a ounce of weed and countless bottles watching all their Films back to back. Highly recommended :lol::lol:

I didn’t like it much the first time I saw it. It’s in my top two favourites now.

Obviously, you're not a bowler.

Golfer ffs.

Jeff Bridges finest role and he has done plenty of dam good movies. Cohen Brothers hardly ever fail to captivate ...

About 3 years ago had a weekend on my own as the wife and my 2 daughters went on a trip to the harry potter studios and a London show ...Had a mate round went through a ounce of weed and countless bottles watching all their Films back to back. Highly recommended :lol::lol:

aye he's class like. watched True Grit today, and he is excellent in it,a and its one of my favourite films, but he does get upstage by a 14 year old girl in it

big lebowski is class. in its own way, like a lot of great films. just unique, doesnt have to be compared to anything to justify itself. like music, its subjective. i find it funny, some good characters and performances, canny story line and its got its own style.

It's quite similar to Withnail & I in that it's all about the script. Just give it to the right actors and it's comedy gold.

I hated it the first time I watched it
I disliked it the first and only time I watched it. Coincidentally I have only seen W&I once and I didn't like that either.

Pulp Fiction I've seen a few times but I can't really get away with it.
Overrated
I genuinely don't think this film is anywhere near as good as people say it is.
Absolute wank-fest.

It's not bad, but I don't think it's as brilliant as people would have you believe.

:(:mad:

Perfume Ponce!
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image
You mark that post as ‘overrated’ and you’re entering a world of pain.
Obviously, you're not a bowler.

You see what happens SMB?
You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
:p

Back