The best place to live in England is .........................

It's funny because whenever I characterise somewhere as affectedly and poncily Southern then Stroud is exactly the place that immediately springs to mind.

Each to their own and that...

Got a soft spot for St Albans. Close enough to London for easy access but far enough away for it not to be London. Good place for a pub crawl.

Had a fantastic time in Bristol as a student. Just about the perfect size for a city, big enough to have everything but small enough to know your way around.

Cambridge tops for job opportunities but house prices are stilly and traffic is horrendous.

Plan to retire back to the North East but don't know where exactly. Born in Darlo and grew up in Bishop so neither of those.

Did you get binned?
I broke up with her but since she moved to Sunderland and couldn't afford to live here on her own I paid her rent for 6 months after so she could sort something out.

The something she sorted was my parents buying a house to rent to her for not very much money, which was very nice of them.

Mind, I still got the usual female breakdowns and stupid behaviour over the following months. In my experience women are unable to deal with rejection and have to lash the fuck out to make themselves feel better, even if you've behaved impeccably towards them.

Anyway, you asked :lol:

I broke up with her but since she moved to Sunderland and couldn't afford to live here on her own I paid her rent for 6 months after so she could sort something out.

The something she sorted was my parents buying a house to rent to her for not very much money, which was very nice of them.

Mind, I still got the usual female breakdowns and stupid behaviour over the following months. In my experience women are unable to deal with rejection and have to lash the fuck out to make themselves feel better, even if you've behaved impeccably towards them.

Anyway, you asked :lol:
I only asked ;)

I loved my time as a student in Newcastle buy by far my favourite place in England is Keswick - loved living there

Mind I grew up in Spennymoor and also have lived in Wheatley Hill so the bar is low

I knew I needed to move out of Wheatley Hill when I nearly slipped over a massive vibrator that I had run over and crushed with my car near the post office

Back