The best decision you have ever made?

Joining the army at 17. For a young fella hitting my teenage years in Belfast in the 1980’s, prospects weren’t great. Economy wasn’t good, pressure to get involved with a paramilitary grouping was always there, bugger all social life. Went off to Catterick for basic training and ended up bunking in a room with a Mackem, (still my best mate over 30 years later). Travelled widely, made some great friends from all over, had brilliant experiences. All which shaped a lot of the decisions that led me to the very contented and good life I have now. And due to the fella in the next bed space all those years ago, now in my fourth decade of supporting the lads. Wouldn’t change a bit of it.

Putting in for redundancy in the shipyards .
Travelling around the world a few times.
Living in a few countries to broaden my outlook and see how the other half live.

A few decades ago thinking 'I'll give this stock market thingumyjig a go

Retiring early

Moved from the shitehole that is Coventry to Co Diurham aged 11, kids at school on first day asking who you support, wasn’t into anyone full-time and red favourite colour so became a Sunderland fan. 40 years later still have the passion, been to 60 odd away grounds and had some fab times, done the 7 Wembley losses but loved everyone, best thing I did was becoming a lads fan 👍

Back