The Best Best of/greatest hits

Reallly? I’m not knowledgeable on Ultravox, but the first three albums with John Foxx were loads better.
I`m talking about a greatest hits collection. Ask most people and they will mention the Midge Ure songs. Most people won`t even know whi John Foxx was. I always loved his solo single Underpass though.

You mentioned Kiss as liking their individual albums which deserves derision in itself. They had one hit which was utter repetition, can’t get enough, maybe not the song title? 2 mins of playing time is enough, sorry !!
You`ve just overlooked their first 6 albums (and 4 solo albums) (and best by a country mile) material and headed straight to their 1979 hit single, I Was Made For Lovin` You, I think from your description. Their first two live albums are absolute classics.

Last edited:
Ultravox - The Collection is a pretty decent single disc greatest hits of the Midge Ure era
It is ..but i can listen to the whole of the ”Vienna” album and not skip any tracks....the opening instrumental track Astrodyne is just tremendous and is one of the best tracks they did.....I can do the same with the album “Hymn”

Omd greatest hits.
Couple of great ones already mentioned, Tom Waites- Asylum years.
Smashing Pumpkins- Rotten Apples.
Depeche Mode - 81-85

Back