The Beatles

Ringo's drumming has been under rated over the years as this young but very talented lass demonstrates.

That's a brilliant video. I get the point she's making but disagree. Yes you can hear the accents and flicks and fills and immediately know which song it is but I'd argue that most drummers and bands could claim similar. The only reason we can distinguish these drum patterns is not because they're original but because we've heard the songs so many times over the years.

For the record, Ringo was a fantastic drummer. Wrongly derided because of the Lennon quote about him not even being the best drummer in the Beatles.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's a brilliant video. I get the point she's making but disagree. Yes you can hear the accents and flicks and fills and immediately know which song it is but I'd argue that most drummers and bands could claim similar. The only reason we can distinguish these drum patterns is not because they're original but because we've heard the songs so many times over the years.

For the record, Ringo was a fantastic drummer. Wrongly derided because of the Lennon quote about him not even being the best drummer in the Beatles.
And the "quote" not even being something Lennon said.

Back