The Beatles

I was never a great Beatles fan, the music just felt too over-produced with too much big instrumental added.

However recently I started on Spotify ( I know bit odd 20 years late blah blah blah)

.....and there are popping up studio out-takes not on the albums, these are far superior to the album versions IMO, it seems like George Martin really did make a big mistake with them and now I understand better the fights Lennon and McCartney were having with him.
Without George Martin, The Beatles would've been a decent beat combo. His role in their success was monumental, from suggesting they get rid of Pete best to giving them the freedom to unleash their full potential.
Preferred the stones to the Beatles myself
The Stones would've been a half decent blues combo like the Yardbirds or The Animals if The Beatles weren't around to react to.

Was never fussed with the Beatles. I'm only 33 and whilst I know A LOT of their music I'd never really thought of it as a whole collection of music.

That was, until I watched that (rather shite) film about the lad who bangs his head and is the only one that remembers their music. When you see hit after hit listed than span the genre you really can't fault them.
Yesterday?
Shit film but great in a cheesy way
i think they are the most overrated group ever, and the lyrics could be written while on the bog
she loves you yeah yeah yeah
(repeat over and over)

love love me do
see above
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Was never fussed with the Beatles. I'm only 33 and whilst I know A LOT of their music I'd never really thought of it as a whole collection of music.

That was, until I watched that (rather shite) film about the lad who bangs his head and is the only one that remembers their music. When you see hit after hit listed than span the genre you really can't fault them.
Just watched Yesterday, yesterday. It was canny good if a bit daft in places.

Yeah, sure I read something that it may be expanded from a movie into mini series for streaming. I've seen the original Let It Be movie which always comes across as dark and dour - surprising to hear the new version is showing the recordings in a different light completely (the short clip I've seen looks good). Wonder if an expanded Let It Be album will be released like Abbey Road off the back of it?
Will be no doubt. Get Back book being released in late August.

Streaming on Disney Channel.

Yeah, sure I read something that it may be expanded from a movie into mini series for streaming. I've seen the original Let It Be movie which always comes across as dark and dour - surprising to hear the new version is showing the recordings in a different light completely (the short clip I've seen looks good). Wonder if an expanded Let It Be album will be released like Abbey Road off the back of it?
Let It Be (Naked) is far better than the original album - original track listing restored (the original left off Don't Let Me Down, which was an inexplicably stupid decision), and Phil Spector's shitty string arrangements removed. Just The Beatles in the studio playing the songs.

Let It Be (Naked) is far better than the original album - original track listing restored (the original left off Don't Let Me Down, which was an inexplicably stupid decision), and Phil Spector's shitty string arrangements removed. Just The Beatles in the studio playing the songs.

Agree. I had a bootleg vinyl copy of the 'Get Back' album (created by Glyn Johns) which was supposed to be released and that is much better than the original Let It Be also.

I've been open as a mag from my very first post on here.
You pretended to be a Sunderland fan for years for likes and you made up texts from imaginary friends. You're a shambles.
Likes? All my alerts are off mate, i have no idea how many likes i have, if i have any, well any mod looking in can zero them if they want, no problem, bet you have a f/b account 😂 anyway, you carry on you monumental suck hole pop you on ignore, cringeworthy reading your crawling posts,

Last edited:
Something is an excellent advantage of the demos being better. Far superior when it's stripped down . The Anthologys are absolute gems , they really highlight how good the Beatles were at harmonies and the joy that is a McCartney descending bass line like

Something is an excellent advantage of the demos being better. Far superior when it's stripped down . The Anthologys are absolute gems , they really highlight how good the Beatles were at harmonies and the joy that is a McCartney descending bass line like
This^^^.

I have all The Beatles albums but Anthology are probably my most played. "While My Guitar" is sublime,

Anyone watched McCartney 321 yet?

Very good. I’ts on HULU over here but I’m sure it’s available in the UK.
Enjoyed watching the first one, Paul wasn't arrogant or bigheaded. Just down to earth, reminiscing about the past.

I liked the way the music was split out on the mixer board, thanks for the recommend Tiger.

Remembering they were working with 4 track technology the production was amazing. Take Sgt Peppers - great songs but the production was almost like another element which raised it to another level. Similarly, songs like Tomorrow never knows and Strawberry Fields were elevated by how Martin and the Beatles were so sympathetic to each other. As I say given the technology the production was as way ahead as the music was. I see it as the direct opposite as the OP.

For me, listening to the Beatles is generally as fresh as listening to anything that is produced today. A lot of older bands sound dated but the Beatles don't, just like the Pistol's album. And the other thing that the production does is allow the Beatles individual personalities to come out. So, no, I don't think they are over produced at all.
I agree with all of that. Comparing them to say The Kinks who made some fantastic music but the production can be very flat in comparison and on some albums sounds quite dated. Compare Revolver with The Kinks Face to Face

Back