The Beatles - Get back Documentary

What follows will be The Beatles' next single......

I sat and watched the next 6/7 minutes pretty much opened mouthed. Only watched the first episode, it's been unbelievable so far.
Exactly this, gobsmacked doesn’t even begin to describe how I felt watching this bit. ‘We need songs urgently for this album / show, so I’m just gonna sit here start strumming my guitar hard and compose get back’ I mean, what???? Quite amazing I’m struggling to think of another docu scene that had this much of an effect on me...
Alan Parsons on R5 now.
Yeah I saw his name in the credits. What was his crack?

Last edited:
Yeah I saw his name in the credits. What was his crack?

Alan Parsons was a low-ranked minion at Abbey Road Studios. His first credit was the Abbey Road album. I saw an interview years ago in which he said he was at the rooftop concert but that no footage existed of him there. That's changed with this series. He's clearly there in the background.

Speaking of which, this is great: someone whose mum long insisted that she was there, but had no proof. Fifty years later, there she is.

It's cheesy as fuck like. I don't think it's meant to be serious though, obviously given the silly story and whatnot.

I don't mind it.

Have you seen that horrendous film with all of Springsteen's music in it? It's almost like a British Bruce Springsteen musical.. now that is f***ing shite.
Oi. Blinded By The Light is good. It's got Springsteen tunes in, what more do you need.

The best interview with Peter Jackson is with the Things We Said Today podcast (U.S. so some of them grate at times - Allan Kozinn is good and is working on a multi volume biigraphy of McCartney after The Beatles ). It's nearly four hours of outright Beatle geekdom

fascinating stuff thanks for pointing me here
Hope they release the 18 hour Directors Cut. Or the whole 65 hours. That'll do me.
if u follow the link in post 166 to the podcast, Jackson says there's loads more material he thinks is worthy of being seen and he's willing to pull it all together, but whether it happens or not will be decided by Disney who in turn will be influenced by the reaction to the existing episodes.

Last edited:
There are four Beatles porcasts I listen to regularly ( a couple more I am selective with).

I Am The Eggpod
Things We Said Today
Something About The Beatles
The Beatles Naked

The original hosts of SATB fell out badly. Up to then it was by far the best Beatles podcast. Richard Buskin then started his own podcast Swinging Through The Sixties ( he wasn't able to fo a Beatles specific programne for a year or so) which became The Beatles Naked.

SATB has an interview with Peter Jackson too

I probably prefer I Am The Eggpod now but for a Beatles nerd they are all fascinating.
I pribably prefer Eggpod now, but they are all

if u follow the link in post 166 to the podcast, Jackson says there's loads more material he thinks is worthy of being seen and he's willing to pull it all together, but whether it happens or not will be decided by Disney who in turn will be influenced by the reaction to the existing episodes.
Looking good then. Will be buying that. Looks like a possible DVD release in the New Year.

There are four Beatles porcasts I listen to regularly ( a couple more I am selective with).

I Am The Eggpod
Things We Said Today
The Beatles Naked

The original hosts of SATB fell out badly. Up to then it was by far the best Beatles podcast. Richard Buskin then started his own podcast Swinging Through The Sixties ( he wasn't able to fo a Beatles specific programne for a year or so) which became The Beatles Naked.

I probably prefer I Am The Eggpod now but for a Beatles nerd they are all fascinating.
Missed out the excellent Irish podcast on The Beatles Nothing Is Real

Fingers crossed

Been looking all over on my dodgy box for this ,but nothing there ,anyone have any better luck ?.

just gone back on and found it !:lol::oops:

Last edited:

I Am The Eggpod
Things We Said Today
The Beatles Naked

I Am The Eggpod is superb like. Love all the David Quantick episodes in particular.

Just finished it tonight, absolutely brilliant.

It felt like you were going back in time with how good the footage is and seeing PMc knock up some of his best stuff from scratch.

And George is by far the coolest Beatle :cool:

Wow i'm loving it ,it may be boring to some but as a guitarist ( albeit a crap one ! ) to see how they crafted the songs from scratch is amazing (when i say "they" it looks like a Macca songwriting course )
A few points i noticed and would like to know other peoples opinions....
I was expecting a Lennon / McCartney battle but Lennon seems so subdued , it looks like McCartneys running the show , he's telling Ringo the drumbeat , Lennons going with whatever McCartneys saying ,Ringo is like a fan/ yes man , it's Harrison who is having the beef with Macca , on one argument Harrison says " ok i'll just shut up then" when arguing over a guitar part , Macca says it's not like that but from an outsider looking in to me it is ,it's Maccas way or the highway .
I think it's a case of Harrison getting more confident and i can't work out if Macca likes that or not.
Yoko attached by limb to Lennon is weird ,and then she opens a big newspaper and starts reading ,not over the other side of the room ,right in the circle where the band are..... if i was one of the other 3 i'd be like John this is work mate she can watch from the sidelines but we are not a 5 piece , then Linda comes in ,complete opposite ,knows the craic ,has a bit chat and stands back and takes some pics.
I get the feeling Yoko was all about the fame/ wanted to be part of it and low and behold when the Plastic ono band started there she was without an ounce of talent screeching away ,there's actually a recording of her isolated vocals online ....has to be heard to be believed...to me she played John like a fiddle....

Back