The Beatles - Get back Documentary

Random thought - one of The Beatles' biggest errors was not having Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever on Sgt Pepper's.

They wanted them on, it was the record company that forced them out as a single.

Begs the question which two songs would you remove? 64 and She's Leaving Home?

Last edited:

They wanted them on, it was the record company that forced them out as a single.

Begs the question which two songs would you remove? 64 and She's Leaving Home?
Nah not She's Leaving Home that's a brilliant song. the ones i like the least are Fixing a Hole, Within You Without You, and Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite. So two of those

Nah not She's Leaving Home that's a brilliant song. the ones i like the least are Fixing a Hole, Within You Without You, and Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite. So two of those

Fixing a hole is brilliant! It's my favourite song on it. I like She's Leaving Home but I don't think it's integral to the album as a whole.

Random thought - one of The Beatles' biggest errors was not having Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever on Sgt Pepper's.

Nope. Penny Lane doesn't sit right with the record. Strawberry Fields has a similar feel to it though.

Rain, possibly their best bside (certainly Ringos finest hour) not being on Revolver would be one that jumps out at me. I think that and to lesser extent Paperback writer would've nestled in.

The latter one is superb. An absolute trip.
Fixing a hole is brilliant! It's my favourite song on it. I like She's Leaving Home but I don't think it's integral to the album as a whole.

Both beautiful songs in my opinion, but id concur that the former fits the feel of the record more.

64 is the obvious one to bite the bullet.

Last edited:

Back