The beach today

No

Apart from the inconvenient fact of rises in today's stats for Sunderland

No

Apart from the inconvenient fact of rises in today's stats for Sunderland.

Don't let the facts spoil your timeline
1 days rise, 1 days fall, do you seriously think every day it will fall🤔. It's the trend that matters but you know that already dont you.

Police have been stopping cars entering Shields sea front car parks all weekend. Not sure if they are fining people our chasing some.

Police have been stopping cars entering Shields sea front car parks all weekend. Not sure if they are fining people our chasing some.

Making sure they weren’t from miles away apparently..the police should’ve been stopping the groups i referred to in my initial post..asking them if they were from the same household..more than likely not..giving them a warning and telling them to split up.

I’m not judging. I think most people take a view. I go for a walk with a mate in Newcastle. He has to check on his premises in town but he doesn’t really.
I see the odd fairly obvious breach but most stuff outdoors is very very small risk.
The problem is that every unnecessary journey puts pressure on the emergency services who could be helping people with the virus.

The problem is that every unnecessary journey puts pressure on the emergency services who could be helping people with the virus.

That’s assuming that every unnecessary journey results in a major incident requiring the emergency services. What an odd and statistically incorrect outlook :lol:

It was always going to happen, people have been locked up in the house for most of the winter, of course people are going to flock to the beach for a walk as soon as the weather improved. I imagine the government expected so.

Now the government have set out the plan and people get vaccinated I think naturally people will start to relax.

Some people are really going to struggle when the restrictions are dropped. Outrage everywhere.

It was always going to happen, people have been locked up in the house for most of the winter, of course people are going to flock to the beach for a walk as soon as the weather improved. I imagine the government expected so.

Now the government have set out the plan and people get vaccinated I think naturally people will start to relax.

Some people are really going to struggle when the restrictions are dropped. Outrage everywhere.

As long as people are meeting outdoors and being sensible about it I dont think the government give a toss tbh. The play parks ive been inhabiting over these past 2 months are full of people meeting for a chat while the younguns play. Its good to see imo and it could be the only release many people get from pressures of life at the moment

I was down there Saturday, Roker, not seaburn and although clearly busier than it would usually be in Feb (as it has been all winter) nothing like as busy as the Echo and some people are making out. Took this about 3.30, hardly crammed full of people, it was busier between downeys and sues, especially downeys where there was a massive queue, but apart from that wasn't too bad. Of course, I didn't use a zoom lens to make it look like everyone is about 3cm away from each other.

Logon or register to see this image

Not if there are 67m people on the roads

67m on the roads! That’s just silly mate. You’re universalising, and that’s not a way to put forward an argument. Opens up to ridiculous counters: if everyone only ate Maccas three meals a day, the emergency services would be overrun with heart attacks. You said that every unnecessary journey puts pressure on the emergency services. It doesn’t. Road traffic is down massively. As are accidents. Then there’s no more evidence to suggest that any remaining accidents are caused more by those pesky beach exercisers or people who have been told to keep working.

I support the measures being taken, and even if I have sometimes gone against “the spirit of the rules”, I’ve not broken any of the actual ones that might endanger others btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s interesting that California locked down and Florida with an older populace didn’t. Their figures are almost identical. We are expected to wait another 15 weeks before getting back to normal, I think a lot of people will have had enough long before then. We went for a very pleasant walk around Hartlepool headland yesterday and everyone we spoke to has had enough.

67m on the roads! That’s just silly mate. You’re universalising, and that’s not a way to put forward an argument. Opens up to ridiculous counters: if everyone only ate Maccas three meals a day, the emergency services would be overrun with heart attacks. You said that every unnecessary journey puts pressure on the emergency services. It doesn’t. Road traffic is down massively. As are accidents. Then there’s no more evidence to suggest that any remaining accidents are caused more by those pesky beach exercisers or people who have been told to keep working.

I support the measures being taken, and even if I have sometimes gone against “the spirit of the rules”, I’ve not broken any of the actual ones that might endanger others btw.

I was trying to highlight an issue, you are trying to justify non-essential travel, travel to work is essential these journeys are not.

I was trying to highlight an issue, you are trying to justify non-essential travel, travel to work is essential these journeys are not.

I was pointing out your original couple of posts on this thread were hysterical nonsense rather than justifying non essential travel tbh

Back