The Batman

If Dark Knight had more of Begins' tone, it woulda been almost perfect.

Agree the third was a let down. Massively so I'd say.
The problem I had with Begins is that it what was without the Bat for quite a while.
I'm generally not a huge fan of origin stories, and much preferred the way Burton handled it in Batman.
I'm a huge Burton fan though so I am admittedly biased!

The problem I had with Begins is that it what was without the Bat for quite a while.
I'm generally not a huge fan of origin stories, and much preferred the way Burton handled it in Batman.
I'm a huge Burton fan though so I am admittedly biased!
Whey I think that was sorta the point with the whole 'Begins' thing.:p I quite liked seeing how some rich boy became so proficient in braying folk and being a bit of a ninja.

But aye, I liked the way "The Bat" just rocked up on a rooftop in 1989. One of me favourite films as a kid, and still the best Batman.

Agreed Keaton was the better Batman but I thought the three Bale movies were a class little trilogy

Keaton’s first movie is prob my fav Batman but wasn’t keen on Batman returns

WHAT?!
I am shocked. Shocked and appalled.
I think the thing that lets down The Dark Knight is the plot with Harvey and Rachel. I think it's a needless sideshow to the Joker. I know they put it in for peril and context but it feels like it's been shoehorned in.
Without it you'd struggle to turn him into Two-Face though

WHAT?!
I am shocked. Shocked and appalled.

Without it you'd struggle to turn him into Two-Face though
It's just an extra enemy tacked on at the end though, yer kna?
He didn't really do anything of note other than to cause Batman to go into hiding/make a moral choice. And to make it more difficult for him to get past the coppers who were already after him anyway.
Just feels it was put in to fill a lull in the film where the Joker was incarcerated, so they could have the final blow out.

It gets a bit silly with the penguins towards the end but it's pretty decent up until that point. Pfiefer's fuckin' lush, DeVito's quality as the Penguin (the character given a bit of a different slant), and Walken's always good value int he.

Burton got the feel of Gotham way better than Nolan ever did, even it was more his own quirky gothic take. And Elfman's score is THE quintessential Batman theme music. It's the best Batmobile anarl.
I whole heartedly agree.....I downloaded the '89 score on spotify the other day...class..

It gets a bit silly with the penguins towards the end but it's pretty decent up until that point. Pfiefer's fuckin' lush, DeVito's quality as the Penguin (the character given a bit of a different slant), and Walken's always good value int he.

Burton got the feel of Gotham way better than Nolan ever did, even it was more his own quirky gothic take. And Elfman's score is THE quintessential Batman theme music. It's the best Batmobile anarl.
Yep, Keaton’s batmobile is a work of art

He didn't really do anything of note other than to cause Batman to go into hiding/make a moral choice. And to make it more difficult for him to get past the coppers who were already after him anyway.
Just feels it was put in to fill a lull in the film where the Joker was incarcerated, so they could have the final blow out.

He only became an enemy after it all went to shit though. You needed him in it to give The Joker even more power.
Would the film have worked without him? Possibly, but I think you needed that extra layer. It's just unfortunate that out of all Nolan's films, for me Two-Face stands out like a sore thumb. All the others, yes even Bane, are more feasible than someone who is literally missing half their face. Still a great villain though.

Mind you, better him than Tommy Lee Jones

Was the point not that the joker can turn anyone bad, even gothams squeaky clean D.A.

Precisely the point.

I wonder how many of you knew that both Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher were meant to do 3 films
The reason Burton got dropped from the third was because his films were too dark and they had a happy meal toys tie in with mcdonalds on batman returns.

The reason Burton got dropped from the third was because his films were too dark and they had a happy meal toys tie in with mcdonalds on batman returns.

Well done, Jim! Shame he didn't get a third.

Joel Schumacher was going to have Coolio as The Scarecrow. I shit thee not.

Just seen one of the trailers. Audio (vocals) compressed to f*ck, The usual stomping bass drum to emphasize the important moments and create an atmosphere zzzzzzzzzzz
Looks like a Tim Burton tribute. Lazy, shite, Hollywood movie. Not for fans but for non-fans i.e. kids who have never bought a Batman comic in their lives.

Watched it this afternoon.

f***ing brilliant mind.
Second only to The Dark Knight. Pattinson surprisingly very good as a young batman. Not sure about him as Bruce Wayne mind.
Paul Dano as well actually. Superb villain. Absolutely brilliant actor.

Last edited:

Back