The Batman

Keaton > Bale

Agreed. Although you could argue that both were upstaged or almost upstaged depending, by the villains they were opposite.

This trailer does look good though. You've got actually realistic villains too which helps.
It looks much darker and grittier than Nolan's trilogy.

Very much looking forward to it.

And if you have time and are interested in this kind of thing, here's a trailer breakdown
The 3rd one was distinctly average

I don't think it was average, but trying to follow The Dark Knight was an almost impossible task

Last edited:
Agreed. Although you could argue that both were upstaged or almost upstaged depending, by the villains they were opposite.

This trailer does look good though. You've got actually realistic villains too which helps.
It looks much darker and grittier than Nolan's trilogy.

Very much looking forward to it.

I don't think it was average, but trying to follow The Dark Knight was an almost impossible task
After the first one, which was worked very well, Nolan's went too real worldy. It was Batman goes to the Windy City rather than a depiction of Gotham.

Surprised no one’s mentioned Paul Dano. He’s probably one of the best actors about at the moment. Think he’ll be a great villain.

This looks brilliant. There hasn't been a good Batman since The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises (aka Will This Do?) was a bloated half-arsed mess, and the Snyder films were like watching a tattooed teenager play a really shit and bloated (again) video game.

This looks brilliant. There hasn't been a good Batman since The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises (aka Will This Do?) was a bloated half-arsed mess, and the Snyder films were like watching a tattooed teenager play a really shit and bloated (again) video game.
I thought Affleck was decent, just underdone by really shit films. DC doesn't have a clue as to how to do ensemble pieces, they were just trying to keep up with Marvel.

I thought Affleck was decent, just underdone by really shit films. DC doesn't have a clue as to how to do ensemble pieces, they were just trying to keep up with Marvel.
Yeah, I actually liked Affleck in the role. It's just a shame he was working under Synder and then Whedon. It would have been interesting to see the solo film he was planning to direct. I think he's making one last appearance as Batman in The Flash movie along with Keaton.

Aye Batfleck was good actually. Right build for it, looked the part. I would have liked to have seen the Batfleck standalone.

Still class when he brays Cavill.

Agreed Keaton was the better Batman but I thought the three Bale movies were a class little trilogy

Keaton’s first movie is prob my fav Batman but wasn’t keen on Batman returns
Batman Returns is my favourite of the lot. Love it.
The Dark Knight is terrific, but I thought Batman Begins was a bit over-rated and Dark Knight Rises was a huge let down.

Agreed Keaton was the better Batman but I thought the three Bale movies were a class little trilogy

Keaton’s first movie is prob my fav Batman but wasn’t keen on Batman returns
It gets a bit silly with the penguins towards the end but it's pretty decent up until that point. Pfiefer's fuckin' lush, DeVito's quality as the Penguin (the character given a bit of a different slant), and Walken's always good value int he.

Burton got the feel of Gotham way better than Nolan ever did, even it was more his own quirky gothic take. And Elfman's score is THE quintessential Batman theme music. It's the best Batmobile anarl.

It gets a bit silly with the penguins towards the end but it's pretty decent up until that point. Pfiefer's fuckin' lush, DeVito's quality as the Penguin (the character given a bit of a different slant), and Walken's always good value int he.

Burton got the feel of Gotham way better than Nolan ever did, even it was more his own quirky gothic take. And Elfman's score is THE quintessential Batman theme music. It's the best Batmobile anarl.
Burton's Gotham felt like Metropolis from the 1978 Superman film, which is how it should feel.

The Dark Knight is terrific, but I thought Batman Begins was a bit over-rated and Dark Knight Rises was a huge let down.
If Dark Knight had more of Begins' tone, it woulda been almost perfect.

Agree the third was a let down. Massively so I'd say.

I think the thing that lets down The Dark Knight is the plot with Harvey and Rachel. I think it's a needless sideshow to the Joker. I know they put it in for peril and context but it feels like it's been shoehorned in.

Back