The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

As much as I enjoyed “ Scruggs “ , just watched “ sisters brothers “ absolute shite , crap storyline crap ending , avoid.

It is a very good film. The cinematography, as mentioned by others, is reminiscent of many of the classic westerns from the 50s and 60s. Very, very quirky, as you'd expect from the Coen Brothers. I still think O' Brother Where Art Thou is my favourite by them but this is definitely worth a watch.

You do. I laughed at the table scene. Wound it back and laughed more than the first time. The others have their own merits. The scenery for example is fantastic. The arrows going through the air.

I’m waffling. Just watch it. And watch it again.
a fine description sir

Enjoyed them all, the last one was the weakest but once you reflect on it it's quite clever to be honest.

My favourite was The Gal Who Got Rattled, although the title was little misleading.
perfectly said marra

It is a very good film. The cinematography, as mentioned by others, is reminiscent of many of the classic westerns from the 50s and 60s. Very, very quirky, as you'd expect from the Coen Brothers. I still think O' Brother Where Art Thou is my favourite by them but this is definitely worth a watch.
I love O' Brother, probably in my top 10 films, welcome back marra if you are who you should be.....;)

Nothing to add to this thread other than how magnificent I thought TBoBS was.

Weakest amongst them all was the final story in the carriage but even then thought they did a great job of maintaining the tension between the characters and keeping the viewer second guessing as to who had the most nefarious intentions.

Coen brothers are masters at work.

Nothing to add to this thread other than how magnificent I thought TBoBS was.

Weakest amongst them all was the final story in the carriage but even then thought they did a great job of maintaining the tension between the characters and keeping the viewer second guessing as to who had the most nefarious intentions.

Coen brothers are masters at work.
Agreed. I can't even remember how that last story ended as I sort of lost interest but the rest of it was great. The first story is probably my favourite of them all.

Agreed. I can't even remember how that last story ended as I sort of lost interest but the rest of it was great. The first story is probably my favourite of them all.

Same here, and the end song as he ascends to heaven is brilliant. My kids have been singing it in the car for weeks!

Shout out to the Kurgan from Highlander and his cameo in that one too!

Same here, and the end song as he ascends to heaven is brilliant. My kids have been singing it in the car for weeks!

Shout out to the Kurgan from Highlander and his cameo in that one too!
I vaguely remember that song but will have to watch the whole film again one of these days. That's what I like about Coen Brothers films is that they're always worth watching again for the little bits you missed out on first time around.

Back