The back three

Billy Fish

Striker
Looking more and more impressive and this combination complement each other very well.
When we’re dominating for spells Willis Nd Wright both have the freedom to push upon runs and have ability to make things happen.
All are distributing well but Flan tonight was especially good.
The sheets are being well laundered, Gid will be a happy man.

Might well be the thing which gives us the edge in the chasing pack, you don’t lose matches if you don’t concede

Looking more and more impressive and this combination complement each other very well.
When we’re dominating for spells Willis Nd Wright both have the freedom to push upon runs and have ability to make things happen.
All are distributing well but Flan tonight was especially good.
The sheets are being well laundered, Gid will be a happy man.

Might well be the thing which gives us the edge in the chasing pack, you don’t lose matches if you don’t concede
All 3 were comfortable tonight they looked very impressive

tbh I think they all (Baldwin inc) got too much stick in the first place. They've all (Ozturk bless maybe not) shown they can pass and play from the back. Even early last season they were dominant bar one-mistake-a-game problems that we weren't absorbing by scoring football goals.

We were rank first like 4 games last season but if anyone can properly remember, we were very happy with Baldwin/Flanagan and their composure from the moment Flanagan came in, passing from the back etc for months, maybe March before any dissent? They were never shit, we needed and still need more goals.

tbh I think they all (Baldwin inc) got too much stick in the first place. They've all (Ozturk bless maybe not) shown they can pass and play from the back. Even early last season they were dominant bar one-mistake-a-game problems that we weren't absorbing by scoring football goals.

We were rank first like 4 games last season but if anyone can properly remember, we were very happy with Baldwin/Flanagan and their composure from the moment Flanagan came in, passing from the back etc for months, maybe March before any dissent? They were never shit, we needed and still need more goals.

I think id of preferred Baldwin to Flanagan with this formation.

You sure. I would say it was Baldwin & Flanagan’s passing that let both of them down. They gave away the ball far too much.

You sure. I would say it was Baldwin & Flanagan’s passing that let both of them down. They gave away the ball far too much.
Honestly I dunno. I swear the whole SAFC squad for the last decade has been playing some mad joke where they pretend they're professionals one minute, strangers the next. I would say yes, their long ball passing is their worst quality and they do it too much. But also that I've seen numerous games where they've made clear their long-ball game is pointless because generally they're composed and good on the ball and don't need to resort to it.

Fuck knows.

They were a calamity last season. Put the team under so much pressure because they had no composure and were in panic stations.

I thought that Ozturk was very unlucky to lose his place but you can’t really argue with recent performances. They still need to learn to concentrate for 90 minutes but as a back three they are looking very good.

Flanagan is looking better with every game he plays, he made a couple of excellent tackles tonight and passed the ball well. It must be a huge help having someone as assured as Bailey Wright next to him who is both a cracking centre half and leader.

Back