The attendance figure today

Appropriate thread to mention Rob Masons article in yesterdays match programme, .SAFC v Portsmouth, April 1976..att.40,515...We had sealed promotion to the 1st division..and Pompey were heading down to the 3rd...Colour pic of Roy Greenwood on the front cover of the programme which cost 10 pence..

Bigmackem is always there , not bums on seats that count but money at the turnstiles to keep money coming in to the club ,how many attend or not due to a variety of reasons is immaterial as they have already committed their money to the club and shown their support .

I never see North stand lower with me being above them, but I know it always looks poor.. But there were a canny few pockets of empty seats. Even in the south stand.

Understandable in a sense though. Two home games in a week. Although win on Tuesday, I'd expect to see the crowd up 2k at least.

I think large sections of the north stand are usually reserved for schools/cash turnstiles, which is why there are often large blocks completely unused, which makes it look daft

I think large sections of the north stand are usually reserved for schools/cash turnstiles, which is why there are often large blocks completely unused, which makes it look daft

Don't get why so many people are against the North stand. My first match at the. SOL was North stand and I've been there ever since. I've got a cracking view.

Don't get why so many people are against the North stand. My first match at the. SOL was North stand and I've been there ever since. I've got a cracking view.

I’m not, it’s where I sit and have done since the SOL opened as well. Think the away fans have put many off though. Know a lot around me are still rather annoyed at least season and the fact the club haven’t actually taken any steps to prevent it occurring again

They'll have made some unavailable for sale due to cash turnstiles won't they? Therefore that "ticket sold" site would consider them sold.

So minus most of them, plus aways and corporate.

Yep, 2 blocks in north stand were about 85% full but looking at the blocks on Saturday were a few hundred short in each....

I’m not, it’s where I sit and have done since the SOL opened as well. Think the away fans have put many off though. Know a lot around me are still rather annoyed at least season and the fact the club haven’t actually taken any steps to prevent it occurring again

Aye that's a fair point. Last seasons antics have well and truly been brushed under the carpet.

Back