The attendance figure today

Looked 32k ish to me.Are we the only club who always seem to have loads of fans on holiday?
For the record two from Washington watched the match with us yesterday.
Both SC holders

Said that at the match. Didn't look close to 30k to me. Must be a canny few away on hols etc. North Stand looked practically empty
Not just the holidays, it was the early kick and being televised live.
Looked 32k ish to me.Are we the only club who always seem to have loads of fans on holiday?
For the record two from Washington watched the match with us yesterday.
Both SC holders
I knew 4 who couldn’t make it because of holidays or couldn’t make it because of early kick off.

Last edited:
some tickets at the front of the North stand were not released for sale after what happened with the smoke bomb coming down when we played them last season. Donald mentioned it on the podcast.

Was it correct? It matched the figure on that ‘tickets sold’ link just before the start of the match. Did they forget to add the corporates and away supporters which that link doesn’t include? Not that it matters, like........
I think the key part to this mystery is where you got the word 'sold' from on this page - Stadium of Light Attendance Thread #435435

It's not telling you tickets sold, it's telling you the number of tickets that are either available to buy or not available to buy on the SAFC ticket website. Sold and not available aren't going to be 100% matching, only the club know the correct number of tickets sold in the whole ground. If they decide to restrict sections for sale or hold back tickets online, then the number pulled from the public online ticket website is going to reflect that number even though the tickets may be held back yet never actually sell.

Last edited:
I guessed at 30,428 (as I'm like that) my mate just said "29 thousand"

The North East corner and North Stand were quite empty.

I think the key part to this mystery is where you got the word 'sold' from on this page - Stadium of Light Attendance Thread #435435

It's not telling you tickets sold, it's telling you the number of tickets that are either available to buy or not available to buy on the SAFC ticket website. Sold and not available aren't going to be 100% matching, only the club know the correct number of tickets sold in the whole ground. If they decide to restrict sections for sale or hold back tickets online, then the number pulled from the public online ticket website is going to reflect that number even though the tickets may be held back yet never actually sell.
I’m obliged.

It was 29k.

It was down for a number of reasons, including that people got pissed off at the first home game of the season and that it was an early kickoff and televised game.

Two wins on the trot, and especially a win against Pompey will at least ensure it starts to tick up again though.
You always have Reasons

Back