The Athletic article about Ross' departure

Ross does deserve credit for the way he galvanised everyone and perhaps he deserved longer, he cobbled together a side last season and probably over achieved, mainly because of Maja's goals, and Mcloughin getting us out of jail a few times...the Fleetwood and Southend games spoke volumes really and ultimately his constant team changes I think was his undoing...I don't think we went two games with the same side .... be interesting to see where he ends up I reckon he'll get offers before Xmas from a championship club.... certainly I think his track record will be viewed favourably by most chairman

Ross does deserve credit for the way he galvanised everyone and perhaps he deserved longer, he cobbled together a side last season and probably over achieved, mainly because of Maja's goals, and Mcloughin getting us out of jail a few times...the Fleetwood and Southend games spoke volumes really and ultimately his constant team changes I think was his undoing...I don't think we went two games with the same side .... be interesting to see where he ends up I reckon he'll get offers before Xmas from a championship club.... certainly I think his track record will be viewed favourably by most chairman
Over achieved 😂😂😂😂

Why would a championship club gamble on Ross when he failed at a league one club?

Balanced well written article that. Hopefully investment might allow us to get rid of high earners who haven't performed, even if it is at a loss. We need leadership and a better spine. Even our player of the season appears to have gone off the boil.

Think he'll end up at whichever Edinburgh club ends up sacking their manager first. He still seems quite highly regarded in Scotland despite his time here.

his failure to address this in either january, or more disgracefully the summer has been the primary reason for his failure.
When he did his first public meeting at the fixture launch at the Beacon of Light a fan made it clear we had lacked pace for years and was something that needed to be added.Sadly as you say he / the club never odd and we never solved this problem .Hopefully someone again points this out to the new manager and it's addressed in January and via the under 23s.

When he did his first public meeting at the fixture launch at the Beacon of Light a fan made it clear we had lacked pace for years and was something that needed to be added.Sadly as you say he / the club never odd and we never solved this problem .Hopefully someone again points this out to the new manager and it's addressed in January and via the under 23s.
We've needed a decent fitness coach since Advocaat turned us into an embarrassment

It’s a really good article

the journalism in the Athletic is top class on the whole
This, they seem to push a lot of 'moment journalism', i think there's been 4-5 stories on the Longstaff brothers since the Man Utd game but on the whole it's been worth the £40 for the year or whatever it cost me, also the article on the players losing their loved ones had me in bits, one of the best articles i've ever read

Back