The Apprentice 2019

Yeah, it's all a bit try hard and changed from what it was about. I'll no doubt get pelters for this (maybe deservedly) but having the handicapped lass on last night seemed unnecessary and difficult to watch.
Controversial but I hear ya. Britain's Got Talent has a lot to answer for!

She was funny at times but not helped by the rest laughing at every joke she said then looking to camera with an aww expression.

I'd like to have seen her in something like 8 out of 10 cats but that could've been too much the other way!

Last edited:
Yeah, it's all a bit try hard and changed from what it was about. I'll no doubt get pelters for this (maybe deservedly) but having the handicapped lass on last night seemed unnecessary and difficult to watch.

She's been on The Last Leg, Would I Lie To You?, 8 Out Of Ten Cats and one of Harry Hill's shows and has her own upcoming show on Comedy Central and seems to be a rising star of the stand up circuit. I'm not sure there's much of an issue TBH. I'm not a massive fan of her comedy for the most part but hey ho!

With regard to You're Fired, it has gradually morphed into a vehicle for the presenter really since Dara left. I like Rhod Gilbert so enjoyed it when he presented, not as keen on Tom Allen so it's a bit less watchable now.

Why would it be unnecessary? How was it difficult to watch?

Replace 'handicapped' (f***ing hell is it 1982?) with the word black and the thread would be deleted.

If you dont think she's funny fine, but I think the gist of the post is her disability being on tv was unnecessary and difficult to watch.

Really surprised more hasn't been made of this post from a normally decent poster

Replace 'handicapped' (f***ing hell is it 1982?) with the word black and the thread would be deleted.

If you dont think she's funny fine, but I think the gist of the post is her disability being on tv was unnecessary and difficult to watch.

Really surprised more hasn't been made of this post from a normally decent poster
For me, it was a difficult watch because she wasn't funny and the other panellists and audience laughing at her 'jokes' was massively forced.

She's been on The Last Leg, Would I Lie To You?, 8 Out Of Ten Cats and one of Harry Hill's shows and has her own upcoming show on Comedy Central and seems to be a rising star of the stand up circuit. I'm not sure there's much of an issue TBH. I'm not a massive fan of her comedy for the most part but hey ho!

With regard to You're Fired, it has gradually morphed into a vehicle for the presenter really since Dara left. I like Rhod Gilbert so enjoyed it when he presented, not as keen on Tom Allen so it's a bit less watchable now.
She uses her speech pattern to very good effect, with the last word always being a killer.

Agree about Tom Allen.

For me, it was a difficult watch because she wasn't funny and the other panellists and audience laughing at her 'jokes' was massively forced.
That's fine but that's not how I read the original post. FWIW I didn't think she was particularly hilarious, now worse or better than the other comedians they have on very week.

Back