The Apprentice 2019

We don't know what the wholesaler's pricing structure was. 2 bottles of prosecco for the intro wasn't really enough for 15 people and, when keeping the client happy, more wine is better than less.

I'd agree with you about the entertainment though.
That's true. There wasn't enough prosecco which was an error, and had they spent some of the wine money - or even more pressing, the entertainment money - on a few extra bottles of prosecco they'd have won by a really significant margin.

That's true. There wasn't enough prosecco which was an error, and had they spent some of the wine money - or even more pressing, the entertainment money - on a few extra bottles of prosecco they'd have won by a really significant margin.
Their error was not keeping the wine glasses topped up on the train which was criminal given the amount of bottles they had.

RMark, he's such an annoying little nob isn't he :lol: :lol:
He's got one of those faces you'd just love to slap with a raw fish
Lottie was lucky there. She should play Lotto
She was. The other team were unfortunate to have 4 people with food intolerances. Just one in her group would have sunk her. Bullshit task, giving a full refund to one punter who got everything apart from the meal. Sugar just manipulates to figures to fire someone in the team he wants to fire

Last edited:
Their error was not keeping the wine glasses topped up on the train which was criminal given the amount of bottles they had.
I saw that as the biggest mistake of the lot, yet the only penalty was 10% off which added up to less than the refund for the Gluten free lass.

If I'd asked for a pissed up train journey and they offered a 10% deduction for not serving any alcohol... Well I'd wait for a better offer put it that way.

I saw that as the biggest mistake of the lot, yet the only penalty was 10% off which added up to less than the refund for the Gluten free lass.

If I'd asked for a pissed up train journey and they offered a 10% deduction for not serving any alcohol... Well I'd wait for a better offer put it that way.

Your maths is off, 10% off £200 pp on a party of 15 people is £300. Had they said 15% she would have lost the task, argued that the failure was because of the over spend.

We can work it out, their costs were around £800.

£450 on the food (£30 a head).
£140 on the entertainment.
around £210 on the wine and Prosecco (so looking at around £5 a bottle)

So the overspend was £240 and the fine was £300, without buying too much wine that fine would have been higher. Lottie didn’t have a clue how these jolly’s work, based on her numbers 1.3 bottles of wine per person would have been nowhere near enough, even at 2 bottles per person you’d be running close allowing for spillage / wastage.

Back