The AO

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 14766

Anybody seen this on Netflix?

Totally silly in places-but plot holes could be explained via a variety of explanations for aspects of the storyline.

Was it allegorical?

I’m undecided about whether I was intrigued, entertained or slightly conned.

Thoughts?

The worst ending to a series ever

Strangely I quite liked the ending. Leaving an uncertainty about whether AOs entire story was the coping strategy of someone trapped, abused and disturbed for 7 years or whether she had experienced at least some of what she recounted - the writer would have us believe there was some prescience there, because otherwise how did she know to go to the scene of the final drama. Was there something that informed her selection of 5 obviously troubled individuals... blah de blah

I suppose I must be still intrigued.

And/or is this a purposive trick to make the watcher feel similarly to the characters?

Or am I on a boring train journey with nowt to do but blather on about fictional telly programmes I’ve just binge watched?

Starring Steve Guttenberg as Dirk Trachtenflugler, delivery driver?

Rhys ifans as the top upseller in the telesales team.. "you want an extra guarantee on that iron... £14.99 a year for 3 years"

"but I only paid £29.99"

"yes sir but it migth explode. so you better have super super guarantee at £29.99 a year"

"ok.. I'll take 2"

It´s back, and the first epidoe was pretty good. Something to do whilst waiting for the cup final.

Strangely I quite liked the ending. Leaving an uncertainty about whether AOs entire story was the coping strategy of someone trapped, abused and disturbed for 7 years or whether she had experienced at least some of what she recounted - the writer would have us believe there was some prescience there, because otherwise how did she know to go to the scene of the final drama. Was there something that informed her selection of 5 obviously troubled individuals... blah de blah

I suppose I must be still intrigued.

And/or is this a purposive trick to make the watcher feel similarly to the characters?

Or am I on a boring train journey with nowt to do but blather on about fictional telly programmes I’ve just binge watched?
Well, I think now we know.

Well, I think now we know.

...or do we

(I'm only up to the episode with the [content deleted in case it was a spoiler] of part 2 so I'm stopping off this thread till I've seen it all

...or do we

(I'm only up to the episode with the [content deleted in case it was a spoiler] of part 2 so I'm stopping off this thread till I've seen it all
Oh, I'm only on episode one and thought I'd farted but it seems I've shit myself.

Back