The anymore you can tell us about you bit.

safcrob

Winger
The last part on an application, i always wonder about this bit, I wonder is it something irrelevant because all of my information is already written down, so there can't be anymore they need to know. Or is it there for me to basically offer my soul to an employer, should I write I will do my best to represent the company and will fully commit my soul to the lord high warlock who should he wish to can feast on my blood during the sabbath. What is it for?

It's a bullshit question with no real use in the hiring process. Put too much in and hiring managers will worry about your commitment to the role, but too little in and they'll question whether you have enough drive for the role.

I always suggested (in my recruitment days) stating that there are lots of things to talk about and that they are best discussed face to face. Never once had a hiring manager complain about that or comment that they disliked the response when later questioned.

An opportunity for you to tell them about a project, an activity or a role - professional, volunteer or whatever, that you believe may be relevant to the role but which the application form questions didn’t provide the opportunity to include.

I could fill that question in easily with about 100 words and that will give me the edge.

The last part on an application, i always wonder about this bit, I wonder is it something irrelevant because all of my information is already written down, so there can't be anymore they need to know. Or is it there for me to basically offer my soul to an employer, should I write I will do my best to represent the company and will fully commit my soul to the lord high warlock who should he wish to can feast on my blood during the sabbath. What is it for?
Tell em you can balance 14 budgies on your cock if the last stands on one leg. Wimmen HR types love that sort of thing.

I might put in some experiences that don't come under education or paid employment
School governor, charity work, sports excellence , informal coaching, skills acquired like music /languages/arts .
But generally I just go with pure bloody charisma at interview . :cool:

Back