The Albion - Ryhope

Fletch

Striker
Must have driven past this place loads times and always thought was just another run down pub that had seen better days but after reading it had been converted into a restaurant called in last night with the missus (pointless) for bite to eat and was spot on , food very nice , prices pretty low, really cosy inside with big log fire . Give it a try if your southside , well recommended

Must have driven past this place loads times and always thought was just another run down pub that had seen better days but after reading it had been converted into a restaurant called in last night with the missus (pointless) for bite to eat and was spot on , food very nice , prices pretty low, really cosy inside with big log fire . Give it a try if your southside , well recommended
Finger on the pulse there fletch lad.

I’m not from Ryhope mate so no offence taken
Oh sorry if I gave the impression you’re from Ryhope marra. I’d nivver think a fine upstanding gentleman like yourself was from there. You can’t be.....you can read n type for starters.

Dunno if they still have it but belonged to those who own D'Aqua, its very decent tbh though a lack of real ale is a small minus point.

...and people from Ryhope took other people’s wives for a drink through Durham. Saw a few disappearing sharply when we wandered in pubs through there in the early 80s. Especially the one past the station up the bank somewhere.:lol:
The Colpitts? The Smiths Arms (Lumley?) was my little hidey hole back in the day ;)

Last edited:

Back