The afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

In your feeble opinion maybe.
It's not about opinions. So your adjective is obsolete. It is an objective description. There is no evidence to back up your statement. You've taken the huff because it has been pulled up as utterly ridiculous.

Imagine believing in reincarnation. :lol:

I'm coming back as a volcano. :lol:
Think of it this way. When you die, your body (or ashes) rots into the ground. That gets eaten by worms and the worm poop gets sucked up as nutrients into plants, grass, trees etc. Is this not a form of reincarnation?

It probably is mate. But it's also often the right explanation.

Hunans think they know everything when in reality we know very little about the universe. In some ways we are quite arrogant in the way we dismiss things that we don't yet understand or that we can't measure. Dark Matter for example, scientists believe it must exist to allow them to fill in some blanks however there is no proof.

We don't know where we came from only theories exist. It wasn't too long ago people thought the world was flat ( I know some still do!). Now I'm not saying there is an afterlife in fact I lean more towards there not being one however there are things that we can't yet explain. I am willing to keep an open mind. It seems when we can't explain something we love to put it down to coincidence or it not being true.

Hunans think they know everything when in reality we know very little about the universe. In some ways we are quite arrogant in the way we dismiss things that we don't yet understand or that we can't measure. Dark Matter for example, scientists believe it must exist to allow them to fill in some blanks however there is no proof.

We don't know where we came from only theories exist. It wasn't too long ago people thought the world was flat ( I know some still do!). Now I'm not saying there is an afterlife in fact I lean more towards there not being one however there are things that we can't yet explain. I am willing to keep an open mind. It seems when we can't explain something we love to put it down to coincidence or it not being true.
There's a big difference between keeping an open mind and magical thinking.

That's the way you seem to me. The difference is, you don't seem to have actually read up on any of this stuff or thought about it rationally.

That's bollocks though, not sure if your getting mixed up with posts but if you look at my post i haven't actually said what I believe in other than I tend to lean towards there being no afterlife? My post was more about how people seem to think we (As humans) know everything when we clearly dont. People seem (Like yourself) so sure of the answers to subjects we know little about and shoot people down who have a different view. That was my point. But you crack on telling everyone what happens when you die with such confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back