The absolute wonder of Stuart Clarke photography

Apart from the actual goal being scored, this is a truly tremendous pic and it adorns the cover of his first book iirc.

Standing fans, the tattered flag, the blue sea, the rooftops, the gadgee perched on the floodlight tower. Love it...

Logon or register to see this image

If that's a "Jaws" reference, then yes!
Living in ambleside I got to know Stuart quite well. . He loves football and is a nice bloke and his work is fantastic.. I have all his books signed and his teams are Watford.. Coniston.. and has areal soft spot for Sunderland ...as he just loves the feeling and passion whenever he goes there...hence quite o lot of safc pics

The caption written on LinkedIn reads thus...

"Image #28 in THE GAME defining football, opens the door on what is a club for?

Is it to win things or to house Pinky and Perky, cats that don't even get on that well? The old toilets have become the club shop & there's empty pots of red paint left all over the place come season's start."

Football, bright red paint and cats (albeit white ones) ... great combo!

Apart from the actual goal being scored, this is a truly tremendous pic and it adorns the cover of his first book iirc.

Standing fans, the tattered flag, the blue sea, the rooftops, the gadgee perched on the floodlight tower. Love it...

See sig for further details

ah, bless the sceptic.

Look at this, the dog is the only one looking at the camera - almost made my Friday, this one!

Nothing to do with scepticism mate. It's just that there's a lot of photographers on this forum who'd love to be able to advertise here but it's against forum rules. There's even a dedicated photographers sub-forum.

Nothing to do with scepticism mate. It's just that there's a lot of photographers on this forum who'd love to be able to advertise here but it's against forum rules. There's even a dedicated photographers sub-forum.

FYI - it's free entry.

My starting this thread was to share some of the joy and despair on show in these pictures.

I have no affiliation to Stuart Clarke or his business. Many will agree that the images are more than just pictures ... not sure if you'll understand that, though.

FYI - it's free entry.

My starting this thread was to share some of the joy and despair on show in these pictures.

I have no affiliation to Stuart Clarke or his business. Many will agree that the images are more than just pictures ... not sure if you'll understand that, though.
Oh here we go.
Being a professional photographer with a portfolio full of images like this, I have a better clue than you son.
I was trying to have a civilised conversation about advertising and to win internet points you're trying to change that to be about the content of the images with a childish insult to boot.
Well done.

The fat bastard with a black eye :lol:
I don't get the mags fascination with getting their fat kites out.

And Tony Norman rooted to the spot as per... :lol:

edit: was it tim carter or norman in goal?
I just assumed TN. :lol:

not a patch on the first lass pictured, earlier. (unless you take on the two of them, so-to-speak)

The burger beauties of Tranmere Rovers

I bet those 2 stunk. :lol:

Last edited:
Oh here we go.
Being a professional photographer with a portfolio full of images like this, I have a better clue than you son.
I was trying to have a civilised conversation about advertising and to win internet points you're trying to change that to be about the content of the images with a childish insult to boot.
Well done.
Wtf....now that’s a reaction.

Rattled to fuck.

During my time at Roker Park in the 70s. I used to go the TV gantry when the ground was empty. Awesome and humbling at the same time - just imagining over 50000 in the ground and at night!

During my time at Roker Park in the 70s. I used to go the TV gantry when the ground was empty. Awesome and humbling at the same time - just imagining over 50000 in the ground and at night!

I recall Kenneth Wolstenholme used to commentate from up there.
He always said it made him very nervous, despite the fact that he flew a hundred RAF sorties over Germany during WW2.

Fuck Off

One of the greatest football pictures of all time in my opinion, for many of the reasons you've mentioned....
Fuck Off

Back