The 2nd Part of the Murray Interview >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
---Nemo--- said:
Are you Bob himself? You play around with words as much as he does :lol:

He hasn't mentioned a "take over" in either a positive or a negative sense, if he has could you please provide a link.

If you don't believe he's had an offer and would love someone to take over why do you think he's nimbly skipping around the words "Take Over" or "Buy Out" or for that matter "Step Down" or "Leave the Club" To me this implies that he may well have knocked folk back or at the very least he's not inviting anyone to come in and take it off his hands. IMO he blows his cover by continually using phrases such as "invest in" or "get involved".

he could leave the club as chairman but he will still be the controlling shareholder. Any appointment of a chairman is by the shareholders eg bob. it is therefore only going to be a change if he is also bought out.

With a majority shareholder in place a new investor is highly unlikely to put money in to be a minority with bob still in control.

So to a point there only is one option - take out bobs shareholding (a realistic price has already been established the sky price + a control premium - typically 33%) and the new contoller put additional funding into the club via a rights issue. The new person then appoint a new management team

stubber said:
Providing the new incumbent is still warm and upright the bank will applythe same conditions. He brings nothing to the table. Just years of abject failure.

from the banks point of view thats not true. hes never lost a penny of thir money - the banks therefore like and trust him

ceefax cat 2 said:
he could leave the club as chairman but he will still be the controlling shareholder. Any appointment of a chairman is by the shareholders eg bob. it is therefore only going to be a change if he is also bought out.
ceefax cat 2 said:

With a majority shareholder in place a new investor is highly unlikely to put money in to be a minority with bob still in control.

So to a point there only is one option - take out bobs shareholding (a realistic price has already been established the sky price + a control premium - typically 33%) and the new contoller put additional funding into the club via a rights issue. The new person then appoint a new management team
Give it to us in pounds, shillings and pence?

My Boy Harry said:
Nemo, I'm pleased you are giving the lad a grilling over this point.

At no point has Murray, IMHO, implied that he will walk.

It is my opinion that he wants someone to give him a shed load of money, Murray stays and even remains as the majority shareholder. A plainly naive stance IMHO.

Absolutely everything I've seen from his interview serves only to confirm this view.

"Invest in"...."Involved in"..."Step aside"....he's a very wriggly little chap is Teflon and he's got these buggers eating out of his hands. You have to admire a man who can make such a complete mess of things and yet still find support from the very people who have suffered at his hands. :lol:

ceefax cat 2 said:
from the banks point of view thats not true. hes never lost a penny of thir money - the banks therefore like and trust him
Correct, although he's prepared to play Russian Roulette with ours.

the fact is that this debt now controls the club, instead of the club controlling the debt, which is a very unsatisfactory position to be in.

ceefax cat 2 said:

You're getting there. :lol:

---Nemo--- said:
Absolutely everything I've seen from his interview serves only to confirm this view.
---Nemo--- said:

"Invest in"...."Involved in"..."Step aside"....he's a very wriggly little chap is Teflon and he's got these buggers eating out of his hands. You have to admire a man who can make such a complete mess of things and yet still find support from the very people who have suffered at his hands. :lol:
Nemo, I'm not sure how he does it. The club's and hence his credibility would you think be at an all time low. However, certainly the "outside world" appears top think he is a salt of the earth bloke, which is just astounding.

the number of fuck ups is unreal, including of course the Academy debacle which took the breath away for sheer incompetance. IMHO.

Imagine missing a training barn the size of sunderland Railway Station off the plans and having to go cap in hand to the council to rent an ex Ice Rink in a Sports complex that IIRC has now been concemned.

You couldnt make it up. :roll:

My Boy Harry said:
Nemo, I'm pleased you are giving the lad a grilling over this point.

At no point has Murray, IMHO, implied that he will walk.

It is my opinion that he wants someone to give him a shed load of money, Murray stays and even remains as the majority shareholder. A plainly naive stance IMHO.

Agreed with your last point. i think there is only one alternative BM sells the club to a new investor at the price BM bought the recent shares up (plus small control premium) - to someone who is prepared to invest circa 10m into the club

My Boy Harry said:
Nemo, I'm not sure how he does it. The club's and hence his credibility would you think be at an all time low. However, certainly the "outside world" appears top think he is a salt of the earth bloke, which is just astounding.

the number of fuck ups is unreal, including of course the Academy debacle which took the breath away for sheer incompetance. IMHO.

Imagine missing a training barn the size of sunderland Railway Station off the plans and having to go cap in hand to the council to rent an ex Ice Rink in a Sports complex that IIRC has now been concemned.

Weren't the rules regarding Academy status changed by the FA, meaning an indoor training barn became neccessary, where once it wasn't ?

ceefax cat 2 said:
Agreed with your last point. i think there is only one alternative BM sells the club to a new investor at the price BM bought the recent shares up (plus small control premium) - to someone who is prepared to invest circa 10m into the club
again, what price do you think this is?

ITS my opinion that Murray will look at the balance sheet, subtract the capital asset worth from say the debt and ask for neck end of £40m or so. again though a plainly naive stance.

My Boy Harry said:

Imagine investing an absolute fortune in an Academy as opposed to pitch side and all the while telling the fans that this was the only credible way to go and then sacking the bloke he'd brought in to run it to save peanuts. :lol:

My Boy Harry said:
Give it to us in pounds, shillings and pence?

With 35m of debt i think murray should be willing to accept a value of circa 8 - 10 m on the equity. this means 5-6m for his controlling stake as long as someone is prepared to invest another 10 - 15 m to get debts down to a manageble level - long term loans only (eliminating the overdraft)

this is roughly in line with the 60p a share he was buying out sky and the fans prepared to sell

Last edited by a moderator:
Flavonoids said:
Weren't the rules regarding Academy status changed by the FA, meaning an indoor training barn became neccessary, where once it wasn't ?
No, at the time we built our "Academy" the rule was that you needed a training barn.

As far as I'm aware that was always the rule.

---Nemo--- said:
Imagine investing an absolute fortune in an Academy as opposed to pitch side and all the while telling the fans that this was the only credible way to go and then sacking the bloke he'd brought in to run it to save peanuts. :lol:
As I said you couldnt make it up.

---Nemo--- said:
That was the final straw fo me too, Nemo. A clear indication that the man is absolutely clueless.

ceefax cat 2 said:
With 35m of debt i think murray should be willing to accept a value of circa 8 - 10 m on the equity. this means 5-6m for his controlling stake as long as someone is prepared to invest another 10 - 15 m to get debts down to a manageble level - long term loans only (eliminating the overdraft)
Sounds realistic. A bit like an E-Bay item he should be prepared tot ake less than the face value. :p

I wonder how much he would get if he tried to seell his shares on E-Bay? :lol:

My Boy Harry said:
Sounds realistic. A bit like an E-Bay item he should be prepared tot ake less than the face value. :p

I wonder how much he would get if he tried to seell his shares on E-Bay? :lol:

if he wasnt prepared to do a deal at this level he would lose credibility because he would 'make money' out of the supporters who sold when he took the club private.

such a deal would be good for the club and there is an outside chance you could drum up interest at £15m.

however this would dissapoint most people on here as i think a lot will not be happy unless we get a gibson or a roman

---Nemo--- said:

The facility is the important thing, not who runs it. That should be obvious to a schoolkid.

stubber said:
That was the final straw fo me too, Nemo. A clear indication that the man is absolutely clueless.

Me too Stubber, it was the point I stopped supporting the bloke TBH. He proved yet again that he hasn't the balls to stick by even his best ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back