The 2nd Part of the Murray Interview >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceefax cat 2 said:
go back to the murray interview which started this thread. he has not had anyone prepared to invest. that is a fact. i do not understand what you think someone should apologise for.

i will apologise the day you provide evidence that murray is a liar. to do this you need to show willingness and capability to put money into the club. if this person(s) does exist they have never made themselves known to the board of SAFC - and that is a fact

i refer you to my earlier post when you the set a time limit. you want my credentials - you are trying to suggest you have the ear of the board - then lets have yours. tell us just how you are so knowlegebale about the bord and any offers

stubber said:
Thanks for that Bob! Really interesting! :confused:

not quite true stubber. the banks could reduce the latitude they give us - resulting in less cah. They have the flexibility to do so particularly in the area of our overdraft (70% of our debt is a loan and unless we breech our covenents it cannot be called in) - the overdraft can be called tomorrow if the bank says so.

not saying the bank would call the overdraft -merely to say it is not necessarily true to say we will have no less cash if he left

ps the names john

Thinks...if Bob has nee money and is clearly a waste of space as a Chairman/administrator/businessman...wtf does he do? If he went tomorrow we'd still have the same lack of money...same debts...same infrastructure. But maybe someone with a business brain (with or without dosh) could lead us forward? How would that make us worse off?

not quite true stubber. the banks could reduce the latitude they give us - resulting in less cah. They have the flexibility to do so particularly in the area of our overdraft (70% of our debt is a loan and unless we breech our covenents and cannot be called in) - the overdraft can be called tomorrow if the bank says so.

not saying the bank would call the overdraft -merely to say it is not necessarily true to say we will have no less cash if he left

ps the names john

Last edited by a moderator:
RTRsBM said:
i refer you to my earlier post when you the set a time limit. you want my credentials - you are trying to suggest you have the ear of the board - then lets have yours. tell us just how you are so knowlegebale about the bord and any offers

thats right - im going to post on a fans board someones name who i have a business relationship/friendship with.

ceefax cat 2 said:
i think we are violently agreeing. the bank will support us as long as we operate within agreed limits. the requests on here to show ambition - spend more than we have - we see the banks withdrawing support.

hence the nonesense on here that murray going could only make things better. the bank could push for more of their money back (less spent on team) very easily.

Where do the people opposed to Murray say this? I think what's actually been said is that he's failed over a long period of time so why not try someone/something else. The fact that people want Murray out doesn't imply that they also believe it would automatically deliver success.

andy said:
But I strongly suspect that the valuation in the accounts is the replacement cost, not the realisable value.

Absolutely, they are worth jack shit without a side to play in them which is exactly why the banks wont pull the plug.

Eeeee...we'll vanish in a puff of smoke if Bob leaves. :lol:

---Nemo--- said:
Where do the people opposed to Murray say this? I think what's actually been said is that he's failed over a long period of time so why not try someone/something else. The fact that people want Murray out doesn't imply that they also believe it would automatically deliver success.

i did not say all have this view nemo. but i am sure you are aware a number of people on here have said nobody could do worse than murray - i do not agree with these people. i think there is basically 3 groups

1 murray should fuck off as anyone would be better

2 murray should go if someone will invest in the club

3 murray should stay hes done a great job

i am in group 2 as i think the majority of sensible fans are - including i believe bob murray. those in 1 who claim/imply that murray is rejecting capable and interested investors are simply misleading people.

the grounds worth fuck all.
who would buy it?
what would they do with it?
would they get planning permission from sunderland council if they did have any ideas?
any council official who agreed planning permission for the site would have a life not worth living. theyd be abused, battered, house burnt down, kids hassled, car nicked,offices picketed etc etc
domestic dwellings cant be built on the site.
any high st bank that called in its loans to safc may as well just close its sunderland branch down there and then. itd be picketted windows smashed etc etc.
mob rule maybe but itd be bad publicity for em.

if's but's & maybe's are the lifeblood of the smb.......and thank god for that.

ceefax cat 2 said:
i did not say all have this view nemo. but i am sure you are aware a number of people on here have said nobody could do worse than murray - i do not agree with these people. i think there is basically 3 groups
ceefax cat 2 said:

1 murray should fuck off as anyone would be better

2 murray should go if someone will invest in the club

3 murray should stay hes done a great job

i am in group 2 as i think the majority of sensible fans are - including i believe bob murray. those in 1 who claim/imply that murray is rejecting capable and interested investors are simply misleading people.
Youre missing the point.

whilst there are no guarantees in life Murray has had 20 years to make Sunderland a stable premiership/top flight team. He has fialed in this task.

It is now time for someone else to give it a go.

He/she may or may not be better but they deserve their chance.

My Boy Harry said:

what does he mean by that.

We didnt avoid that fate at all...we ended up absolutely in the shite like everyone else.

i would of thought it was obvious he was refering to administration. As i made the point earlier ipswich are still effectively been run by the administration agreement which has raped there club

My Boy Harry said:
Youre missing the point.

whilst there are no guarantees in life Murray has had 20 years to make Sunderland a stable premiership/top flight team. He has fialed in this task.

It is now time for someone else to give it a go.

He/she may or may not be better but they deserve their chance.

no i am not missing the point - we merely disagree. you think someone/anyone who may be better or worse should have a go. Presumably determined by some local lottery or perhaps a reality tv programme.

i look at forest + sheff wed. i dont want things to get worse than they are - very possible.

ceefax cat 2 said:
i would of thought it was obvious he was refering to administration. As i made the point earlier ipswich are still effectively been run by the administration agreement which has raped there club

There doing a grand job if selling us Davis is owt to go by :lol:

ceefax cat 2 said:
no i am not missing the point - we merely disagree. you think someone/anyone who may be better or worse should have a go. Presumably determined by some local lottery or perhaps a reality tv programme.
ceefax cat 2 said:

i look at forest + sheff wed. i dont want things to get worse than they are - very possible.
It's also very possible that the club will prosper greatly. I'm prepared to take that chance. I think that a few others probably would be as well.

If youre happy to be a yo-yo club then fair enough.

His three biggest achievements are the stadium, academy and avoiding the fate of other relegated clubs - :):)

how many relegations?
how much debt?
how many broken promises?

My Boy Harry said:
Explain that comment or are you just taking the piss?

taking the piss - that what people who miss the point do

ceefax cat 2 said:
i would of thought it was obvious he was refering to administration.
Some achievement that eh? It begs the question of who got us into the financial shite in the first place.

I noted in his interview that he implied that he didnt interfere with the managers targets, who plays etc. which is fair enough. however that sounded to me a bit like blaming Reid for the debacle we ended up in.

No one is asking Murray to choose who we buy or pick the team. what people like me clearly are asking is for the bloke to ask some pertinent questions when these players are bought...including making sure we can afford them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back