The 2nd Part of the Murray Interview >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Premiership

Unfortunately only the first part of the Bob interview seems to be available on the internet and infact the second part is the most interesting.

The few main points from the Football Echo are:

• Bob Murray neither puts any of his own personal wealth into the football club and neither does he take any money out of it
  • He believes the club should be self-sufficient like 3/4 of premier league clubs are
  • West Brom had only won one game by christmas yet still stayed up
  • He has only missed two out of 12 league games, home and away, this season
  • His motivation is not about raising his profile - it is about helping the club, the region and the community and that is why they invest so much time & energy in the SAFC Foundation, community programmes and keeping prices affordable to the community
  • He has heard the rumours on internet websites about takeovers but dismisses them saying "i do hear rumours but the facts have not changed. if someone wanted to get involved for the right reasons i would step aside and i have never blocked anyone from doing that. I don't understand the motives for those that advocate protests, which help no one, as we've invested everything we have and I've never blocked anyone from getting involved"
  • The clubs turnover was £1.5m when he took over and is now £40m
  • His three biggest achievements are the stadium, academy and avoiding the fate of other relegated clubs

The final ending of the article is particularly interesting:

It's the desire to see his club firmly established in the Premiership that drives the chairman. But he worries protests against him, Mick McCarthy or the club may actually backfire and affect the team's performance.

I would really encourage you to go and buy the Football Echo because this is the best bit of the interview (not the bit in the Sunderland Echo and on the gazette website) and most interesting. However, it does seem it is simply a PR ploy by the club to halt protest talks as the word 'protest' and 'internet websites' is regularly mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Premiership said:
Unfortunately only the first part of the Bob interview seems to be available on the internet and infact the second part is the most interesting.

• Bob Murray neither puts any of his own personal wealth into the football club and neither does he take any money out of it
  • He believes the club should be self-sufficient like 3/4 of premier league clubs are
  • West Brom had only won one game by christmas yet still stayed up
  • He has only missed two out of 12 league games, home and away, this season
  • His motivation is not about raising his profile - it is about helping the club, the region and the community and that is why they invest so much time & energy in the SAFC Foundation, community programmes and keeping prices affordable to the community
  • He has heard the rumours on internet websites about takeovers but dismisses them saying "i do hear rumours but the facts have not changed. if someone wanted to get involved for the right reasons i would step aside and i have never blocked anyone from doing that. I don't understand the motives for those that advocate protests, which help no one, as we've invested everything we have and I've never blocked anyone from getting involved"
  • The clubs turnover was £1.5m when he took over and is now £40m
  • His three biggest achievements are the stadium, academy and avoiding the fate of other relegated clubs

The final ending of the article is particularly interesting:

It's the desire to see his club firmly established in the Premiership that drives the chairman. But he worries protests against him, Mick McCarthy or the club may actually backfire and affect the team's performance.

I would really encourage you to go and buy the Football Echo because this is the best bit of the interview (not the bit in the Sunderland Echo and on the gazette website) and most interesting. However, it does seem it is simply a PR ploy by the club to halt protest talks as the word 'protest' and 'internet websites' is regularly mentioned.

It is spin from SAFC Towers, nothing more, nothing less. I believe that the majority of fans know it is time for the Fat Lad to step aside, never mind the slaver about community ventures, good night Bob, thank you and now please fuck off.

woollyback said:
It is spin from SAFC Towers, nothing more, nothing less. I believe that the majority of fans know it is time for the Fat Lad to step aside, never mind the slaver about community ventures, good night Bob, thank you and now please fuck off.

He would if someone came in, well its simple enough to see.
When is every Murray hater going to get it into their heads, no one wants to take over.

FACTOMUNDO.

protests against him, Mick McCarthy or the club may actually backfire

Protests against Murray - you can understand
Protests against McCarthy - well, if we keep on losing....
Protests agaisnt the club?? WTF. SAFC Out!! Ban Sunderland from the Prem? (Actually I quite like that idea - I'm a firm believer that we should be allowed to defend our championship trophy :cool: )

Cant see anyone protesting against the club like, apart from maybe PosadaG and to be honest even he's not that sad.

joemcdokes said:
When is every Murray hater going to get it into their heads, no one wants to take over.

FACTOMUNDO.

I am starting to think that way myself Joe.

Every few months some rumour gives us hope of a takeover but it fizzles away with not as much as a bang.

It seems untill we stay up for a few seasons the investors won't start crawling.

At the end of the day the lads need our support this season more than most and I think they stand a chance with our support.

Premiership said:

• Bob Murray neither puts any of his own personal wealth into the football club and neither does he take any money out of iti .
  • seem to remember him saying the exact same thing on prem pasions 6 year back now. looks like the same rehashed comments

what benevolent bob failed to mention is the fact that he HAS taken money out of the club as he and his hanger ons were getting paid when things were looking ok,he also aquandered money on company cars for himself and his freinds ,lets face facts the blojke is economical with the truth and presents his interviews the way he wants YOU TO SEE THEM the bloke is a **** as far as im concerned

joemcdokes said:

FACTOMUNDO.

does that not depend entirely on what exactly Mr Murray believes the "right reasons" are?

Captain_Fishpaste said:
does that not depend entirely on what exactly Mr Murray believes the "right reasons" are?

That's the small print, isn't it? The get-out clause. Nobody will have 'the right reasons'. We'll still have to push him. Though hopefully people may now start to show an interest as he's finally said it in public.

They're shit scared. Rumours of a protest and it's panic stations.

The Exile said:
That's the small print, isn't it? The get-out clause. Nobody will have 'the right reasons'. We'll still have to push him. Though hopefully people may now start to show an interest as he's finally said it in public.

They're shit scared. Rumours of a protest and it's panic stations.
:lol: what a shame. at least it is giving us a bit of publicity for some potential investor to come in.

joemcdokes said:

FACTOMUNDO.

i have stated this on many occaisions. unfortunately people on here refuse to accept this.

ceefax cat 2 said:
i have stated this on many occaisions. unfortunately people on here refuse to accept this.

Of course - but its understandable, as bypassing a chance to invent something to slag Murray for would make their heads explode and nads shrivel up.

---Nemo--- said:
I laughed at that one anarl - although to be fair with inflation alone the 1.5 mil would probably be about 15 million now.

From Sky Sports:

"The club cannot borrow more," revealed Murray.

"We've paid back no capital, only interest while in the Championship so we could invest more in the team to guarantee promotion.

"This season we should've paid back £5m in capital but negotiated with the banks to pay back only £3m so we could invest a further £2m on the playing side.

"It's not a question of ambition or being too conservative - there comes a time when, if you borrow money you must pay some back.

"We must protect the security and long term future of the club".

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?HLID=324718&CPID=8&title=Black+Cats

we have no cash, which he has said on numerous occasions, however yet again the response from the protest boys is 'murray out'. If he steps down we will still have no money, and the likely outcome could be the banks calling their debt in. The banks our obviously happy with him being in charge as they want their money back and to be fair he seems hell bent on giving them it back. If he goes and one of the so called take over merchants does not come in (highly probable) then we go bust. End of story. Still, Murray will be out, just so will Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back