Perforated Pods,
Original Kickers,
Levi jackets,
Lee jackets,
Fred Perry shirts and v necks.
Slazenger v necks
Puma trainers.
Jaguar suede trainers.
Crombies mine cost £29 from City Stylish.
Sheepskins. Mine cost £59 from a shop in Sunderland. Can’t remember the name. My Nan god bless her told me “ you save £30 and I’ll give you £30” It was a Beauty as was I.

Last edited:
Doc Martens,
Sheffield Bashers,
Brogues.
Laced up dealer boots,
Doc Martens sprayed gold.
Levi sta pres,
Skinners, White of course,
Braces
Cord skinners cost a fortune,
Oxford bags,
Lee jeans,
Stack heeled shoes,
South sea bubble zippers.
Cheese cloth shirts
City Stylish
Brutus shirts,
Ben Sherman,
Perforated Pods,
Original Kickers,
Levi jackets,
Lee jackets,
Fred Perry shirts and v necks.
Slazenger v necks
Puma trainers.
Jaguar suede trainers.
Crombies mine cost £29 from City Stylish.
Sheepskins. Mine cost £59 from a shop in Sunderland. Can’t remember the name. My Nan god bless her told me “ you save £30 and I’ll give you £30” It was a Beauty as was I.
Great list of 70's fashion. 👍
I once had a crombie, until I caught my old man in me zip, when trying to unleash the beast for a piss, with one hand, while holding curry & chips in the other hand.
The beast got stuck in my zip, and the curry n chips ended up down the front of my crombie, and it was ruined. 😥

So in summary, the 70s were shit? A stop gap between the far better 60s & 80s?

My sister is 12 years older than me - the lucky girl had the fortune to be 18 in 1964.....what a time to be young and alive .

I was watching all this youth culture unfold as a youngster- and I wanted a piece of the action.

She always said that on 31st December 1969 someone switched the lights off. There’s a saying that if the 60s were the party then the 70s were the hangover.

I m not sure . I was 12 in 1970 and 21 in 1979. It was my time , our time - I enjoyed every last minute of it.

Any decade in which you were a teenager is going to be the best. The 70s were unbeatable for me. Especially the last two to three years 13 - 16 for me. 77 -79.
Any decade in which you were a teenager is going to be the best. The 70s were unbeatable for me. Especially the last two to three years 13 - 16 for me. 77 -79.

I was 16, in 1979, and loved the music of the early 70's Glam Rock, and the music of the late 70's Punk Rock.
I seen The Buzzcocks, in Manchester, when I was 16, and the whole gig, really opened my eyes, and just blew my mind.
Mine was dyed black and spiked all over, leather bike jacket, tight jeans and black 10 hole docs, fantastic.
A great time to be around, back then.
My mates started calling me Sid back then, and the nickname has stuck, to this day 😆

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 16, in 1979, and loved the music of the early 70's Glam Rock, and the music of the late 70's Punk Rock.
I seen The Buzzcocks, in Manchester, when I was 16, and the whole gig, really opened my eyes, and just blew my mind.

A great time to be around, back then.
My mates started calling me Sid back then, and the nickname has stuck, to this day 😆
I saw the buzzcocks twice in the 70s along with most of the punk bands of the day. I saw the cribs with one of my kids a few years ago and it was like going back to the 70s. I loved music in the 70s starting with glam, then punk and have been into music ever since. Even my kids friends comment on how good the music I have is and I still enjoy new stuff today in my 50s.

I saw the buzzcocks twice in the 70s along with most of the punk bands of the day. I saw the cribs with one of my kids a few years ago and it was like going back to the 70s. I loved music in the 70s starting with glam, then punk and have been into music ever since. Even my kids friends comment on how good the music I have is and I still enjoy new stuff today in my 50s.
As I've gotten older (almost 57) I've mellowed a lot, as a person, and my musical taste has also mellowed.
Nowadays, I can listen to most music (except rap) from the Carpenters to the Clash, but still love to hear the old Glam and Punk music classics on Youtube.
I don't bother with new music these days, but maybe I should pay more attention to the new stuff, and give it a chance.

As I've gotten older (almost 57) I've mellowed a lot, as a person, and my musical taste has also mellowed.
Nowadays, I can listen to most music (except rap) from the Carpenters to the Clash, but still love to hear the old Glam and Punk music classics on Youtube.
I don't bother with new music these days, but maybe I should pay more attention to the new stuff, and give it a chance.
Same here as well as buying new stuff like the murder capital, Fontaine's DC etc. I've also started listening to 60s and 70 country like Townes Van Zandt who none of my kids or wife like. Although my 85 year old Dad is quite partial to😀

Same here as well as buying new stuff like the murder capital, Fontaine's DC etc. I've also started listening to 60s and 70 country like Townes Van Zandt who none of my kids or wife like. Although my 85 year old Dad is quite partial to😀
My varied and not always great, taste in music, won't have won me any friends tonight, on the Hoy some tunes on, thread.
I've posted tunes from the Seekers, Middle of the Road and Steely Dan.🤣
Fellow Poolie, T-Bone wasn't impressed, then again, he's a lot older than me. :lol: :lol:

My varied and not always great, taste in music, won't have won me any friends tonight, on the Hoy some tunes on, thread.
I've posted tunes from the Seekers, Middle of the Road and Steely Dan.🤣
Fellow Poolie, T-Bone wasn't impressed, then again, he's a lot older than me. :lol: :lol:
I thought you might have been a Lancastrian (adopted) from your username. The good thing about getting old is you can like what you like and not give a fuck what others think. My music tastes started in the 70s and have spread both ways to catch up with the stuff I missed in the 60s and have continued so I like a lot of new stuff. The worst period in music for me was the 80s with a lot of over produced shite. The 90s especially American stuff is top notch

Being young ,stopping out all day with your mates
Empty streets for footy cricket ,tennis ,owt
A lack of everything gave stuff value
Money
Pop
Sweets
Girlfriends😁
I'm 57 and can't listen to hardly any old music
New stuff gives you the buzz you've lost from endless playing of the old favourites

Last edited:

Back