Thatcher Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

probably kick off again but i'm struggling to find a fault with that.

Most people won't find much fault with that and that's because she's cloaked heartless, relentless cruelty as reasonableness. She was good at that.

Just out of curiosity, and I know at some point I'm going to regret asking this, what exactly is 'neo-Liberalism'?

The first rule of neoliberalism is - you don't talk about neoliberalism. It's actually a bit of a nebulous term which arguably hasn't been defined adequately. It's based on classical liberalism - markets being liberated from any sort of government intervention. The 'new' bits are essentially to do with globalisation, and a belief that all human action is guided by rationality, individualism and self interest. Ideas such as 'the public good' ('there is no such thing as society') are discarded as unnecessary components of a welfare state.

probably kick off again but i'm struggling to find a fault with that.

Where to start??? "There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation." ... or been born into the established rich.

Basically she's saying "fuck you, you're on your own. why should anyone better off than you give a fuck about you". Like most Tories, the woman had a complete lack of compassion and empathy.

I thought so. You've read a few chapters of a book and now you think you're Noam Chomsky. Truth be known, you've probably been reading Chomsky.

Did he mention 'economic disaster'? Did you bother to look out of the window and see the houses still standing and the cows grazing?

Didn't read Chomsky actually. And the reason you can't see an 'economic disaster' when you look out of your window is that when you bother to open your eyes you're confronted by the sight of your lower colon.

Where to start??? "There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation." ... or been born into the established rich.

Basically she's saying "fuck you, you're on your own. why should anyone better off than you give a fuck about you". Like most Tories, the woman had a complete lack of compassion and empathy.

fuck what she said, the basis is true. to help someone you must be able to survive yourself. or are we going to now move onto a darwin witch hunt now she is dead?

I disagree, I think. Most people think welfare got out of control and there are those who think only in terms on entitlement without thinking of those who have to meet an obligation to give it to them.

I think her evil lay purely in her total lack of compassion. Would she see a 5 year old go hungry because the parents chose to spend the money on tabs and drink? Yes she would, and not lose a wink of sleep. She had a sort of compassion autism.

fuck what she said, the basis is true. to help someone you must be able to survive yourself. or are we going to now move onto a darwin witch hunt now she is dead?

Seriously? What have you survived? And what is your post survival contribution to your fellow man?

I assume I have not taken that quote out of context.

I think her evil lay purely in her total lack of compassion. Would she see a 5 year old go hungry because the parents chose to spend the money on tabs and drink? Yes she would, and not lose a wink of sleep. She had a sort of compassion autism.

how do you begin to address that though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back