That young player Wolves have signed but loaned back to Rochdale...

They all did last night. Credit to Sunderland for that. But he looks a decent little footballer from the few times I've seen him this season. Isn't he only 16? Plenty time ahead of him.
I suppose we dominated Rochdale last night, so it might have been a poor game to judge him... 👍
Had a tough time (as did Rochdale in general) last night. No big deal. Clearly has something about him to be contributing at such a young age with his obvious (lack of) physique/stature. I've seen him have good games as well tbf.
That was the first time I'd seen him play TBF.

They paid something like £1m for a 16 year old English lad with obvious potential. £1m for an established Premier league side is nothing.

I think he’ll go on to be a canny little player in a few years. There’s definitely potential there.

Needs to see his barber like.

I seem to recall that a young Gareth Bale didn't look anything special playing at left back against us in 2007. Not saying this lad will have a career like Bale has had but he's obviously got something to him.

I think his game has been energy getting up the right wing and overlapping but he didn't get an opportunity to do that with us having them pressed back. He's 17, nothing to see here really.

They paid something like £1m for a 16 year old English lad with obvious potential. £1m for an established Premier league side is nothing.

I think he’ll go on to be a canny little player in a few years. There’s definitely potential there.

Needs to see his barber like.
Basically this...he might not develop into a PL player but the gamble is limited and they'll probably get their money back at worst.

It must be quite hard for him in a way to be signed by Wolves but still playing for Rochdale scrapping around the bottom half of L1. Tempting to play within yourself, although he still has plenty to prove, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has another loan next season somewhere, perhaps in the Championship, before Wolves think he's ready for their squad.

He played very well against us down there, as did their whole team. I suspect last night will have been one of their worst performances of the season in their fans' eyes.

He was ripped to shreds by Hume, but according to some Hume isn't good enough :lol:

In Matheson, they're buying potential. At 16, you'd expect him to continue to develop, he's been pretty much an ever present for Rochdale which is quite a feit considering how young he is and how tough this league can be.

I agree though, he had a poor game. Mainly because Hume got the better of him time and time again.

He was class down there at the start of the season, especially for a 16 kid.
He even out jumped Wyke on several occasions much to the amusement of those around me at the time

I suppose we dominated Rochdale last night, so it might have been a poor game to judge him... 👍

That was the first time I'd seen him play TBF.

He's a young lad so understandable he struggled when the team were getting battered but the fact he couldn't pass the ball in a straight line several times in the 2nd half would be enough for me to doubt his potential.

Back