That was like watching Sunderland

Thought the same thing. A team who are prepared to fight for every ball…unless you’re just casually stroking it about your own half in which case they will let you.

Not enough creativity or urgency. Hoping we can fix that this summer.

Like Sunderland I loved our huge periods of possession, knocking it around the back 6 while the opposition stand there bored shitless.

"Recycling" the ball has brought so much to the game, throw in some "blanket defense" a few "head injuries" in the last 15, when winning of course, and players taking the safe options during the game because of their stats n stuff, is crowd gripping stuff, And it would be wrong of me not to mention the games biggest asset, watching a number of players during the game being "Resurrected" immediately after their murder live on TV,right in front of your eyes!
Looks like the game is in safe hands.

There really are similarities with us. Neither team can play through the middle. It all has to go down the wings.

Still blows my mind that he's stood on the sidelines able to make 5 subs and he's kept rice and phillips on all game. But took Foden off.

Played this shite negative way when getting beat twice by Denmark in the nations league. Can't learn. And isn't capable of getting anywhere near the best out of a talented bunch of players.

"Recycling" the ball has brought so much to the game, throw in some "blanket defense" a few "head injuries" in the last 15, when winning of course, and players taking the safe options during the game because of their stats n stuff, is crowd gripping stuff, And it would be wrong of me not to mention the games biggest asset, watching a number of players during the game being "Resurrected" immediately after their murder live on TV,right in front of your eyes!
Looks like the game is in safe hands.
Good post mate…very true.

Kane strolling around miserable faced...been hopeless for a while. Is he still injured if so he shouldnt start. Sterling hopeless again. Phillips played well previous game when further forward. Full backs and others couldnt cross the ball, first man was their target it seems. Sunderland like again. Stood off the jocks all over the pitch and mostly bullied off the ball. We lost most second balls too. Shite is coming home it seems.

Last edited:
There really are similarities with us. Neither team can play through the middle. It all has to go down the wings.

Still blows my mind that he's stood on the sidelines able to make 5 subs and he's kept rice and phillips on all game. But took Foden off.

Played this shite negative way when getting beat twice by Denmark in the nations league. Can't learn. And isn't capable of getting anywhere near the best out of a talented bunch of players.
That's the alarming bit.

I said this in the match thread. The Scotch sat deep in our half as we tried to play it out and harried us and we didn’t like it. This forced us to play long ball to the man mountains that are Foden, Sterling and Phillipsy and clearly we won shit all.

It was exactly what opposition teams did to Sunlun last season and we couldn’t handle it. It was a very simple game plan from the Scotch which I was surprised we didn’t overcome.

The good thing is that we’ll not play another team like Scotland again in the tournament, they were very limited and just tried to stop England playing, which they did very well.

Back