That Tower Records Film/DVD

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 39494

Just going through some of my old MOJO / Q magazines I read an article about a documentary film that's been made on this record shop and its history and eventual demise.

Anybody seen the film or the DVD? And if so was it any good?

I know they were a huge company and record shopping in small independent record shops was/ is always more pleasurable but I always found their store in London a decent experience.

Loved a trip to Tower records in Piccadilly was always the mecca for me. Would like to see the film here's the trailer

Same here. Always loved my trips to the store in London.

As a teenager the idea of having a record store in the concourse of a tube station and with all the different entries and exists made it all the more of a honeypot this bee would always be drawn to:)

just watched it on sky arts ( available on catch up) fantastic , I had never heard of any of the players in the tower story and a hour or so later I`m chocked up and wrapped up in the demise of the company - highly recommended

Watched it last year but noticed it was on Sky Arts the other night too. Defo worth a watch. Made by Colin Hanks (Tom's son). He also recently released a documentary about the Eagles of Death Metal and the aftermath of the Bataclan show which was canny too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back