That smashed window in Echo 24 building

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go past it every day and it's been boarded-up since the summer. It's a complete eyesore.

Anyone know it it's a vacant property or a stairwell? What will a small pane of glass cost -£30? I'll pay for it myself as it's a disgrace.

I go past it every day and it's been boarded-up since the summer. It's a complete eyesore.

Anyone know it it's a vacant property or a stairwell? What will a small pane of glass cost -£30? I'll pay for it myself as it's a disgrace.

stairwell marra - cost 350 to replace coz its special glass like - should knock the **** down and move it to Byker

The flat in question was up for sale on rightmove the other week, and the internal photos made no secret of the fact one of the main windows was boarded up, and didn't mention it at all :lol: Can't see it now like.

Logon or register to see this image

I agree mind-absolutely minging.

there was an article in the echo awhile back complaining about the residents throwing dirty nappies from the north facing side over the wall into the trees on the riverside :lol:

They should kick everyone out and turn it into a premier inn or something.

It is a woeful piece of design though. Even the glass side is North facing so they'll get very little sunlight through it :lol:.

That's the idea, if you put all the glass on the south facade then the building gets too hot and you need to introduce air conditioning, also the main road noise would come from the south elevation which restricts the residents ability to open the windows for fresh air. And the views of the bridge/river are visible from the north elevation whereas the south elevation looks at Sunderland city centre. :oops:

The style of architecture is no different to what you'd find on Newcastle quayside.

Logon or register to see this image

How much do those flats go for these days.
I looked at a show one when they were first built and it was something like 190K for a 2 bedroom flat. Seemed well over the top to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back