That crypto king F*****

That 'jump' that everyone migrated to has gone down this morning. :lol:
Class. Looks of fraudsters were advertising that on Twitter as soon as their little COS baby died. I hope they get the book thrown at them.

Hands-up anyone on here who's been the subject of credit card fraud in the thousands and found out that people have been prosecuted as a result? You don't even report it to the police now, just throw a report into the abyss that is Action Fraud. How many people's experience of getting a car nicked or criminal damage to a house goes beyond getting a crime number? I'm not sure that the diminished police numbers we have are going to spend that much time on someone who persuaded their mates to stick money in this.
Been thinking, are these not the type of things that the Nissan City Traders will have been told to tell the members of the WhatsApp groups by the scammers?

It sounded like a bit of a cult on there with any naysayer booted out or vilified and jumped on. Then it was the same old bollocks that got spouted out from Shields to Hartlepool trying to get people onboard. Everyone was told the same tale as if they’d been taught what to say. Each and every bellend who mentioned this to me had an answer for everything and would shut down any form of criticism or doubt.

Certainly playing down the criminality of it all with whataboutery would have been rife. They were preying on the greedy and the stupid at the end of the day.

Been thinking, are these not the type of things that the Nissan City Traders will have been told to tell the members of the WhatsApp groups by the scammers?

It sounded like a bit of a cult on there with any naysayer booted out or vilified and jumped on. Then it was the same old bollocks that got spouted out from Shields to Hartlepool trying to get people onboard. Everyone was told the same tale as if they’d been taught what to say. Each and every bellend who mentioned this to me had an answer for everything and would shut down any form of criticism or doubt.

Certainly playing down the criminality of it all with whataboutery would have been rife. They were preying on the greedy and the stupid at the end of the day.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was stacked with amoral people knowing full well that they were leading others into a Ponzi scheme and that they would make their cash from it at the expense of the suckers at the end of the line, and I'd be really amused if some of those people got a wake-up call to their actions when the police came knocking.

I just don't think it's going to happen, sadly. Like to be proved wrong though.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was stacked with amoral people knowing full well that they were leading others into a Ponzi scheme and that they would make their cash from it at the expense of the suckers at the end of the line, and I'd be really amused if some of those people got a wake-up call to their actions when the police came knocking.

Let’s hope so. There is certainly far more to this than “Chinese scammers set up fake crypto website”. It seems that people were trained locally and this training filtered down via social media and swept around the North East. There’s a huge digital footprint out there for any police force. I think it will go further because it’s probably the first time so many Brits have suffered. And many will have complained as we can see from the local media picking it up, then later from the new venture which as the poster further up pointed out was over before it began. Everything is digital these days.

There's always been smarmy, sly people around - the type who would call you 'mate' to your face, then 'mug' as soon as your back was turned. There just seems to be a lot more off them around these days - like it's an accepted way of behaving amongst a certain set of people.

The trick is to have as little to do with them as possible - they're not hard to spot. Usually the loudest, flashiest members of any group - all fart and no follow-through.

Let’s hope so. There is certainly far more to this than “Chinese scammers set up fake crypto website”. It seems that people were trained locally and this training filtered down via social media and swept around the North East. There’s a huge digital footprint out there for any police force. I think it will go further because it’s probably the first time so many Brits have suffered. And many will have complained as we can see from the local media picking it up, then later from the new venture which as the poster further up pointed out was over before it began. Everything is digital these days.
There's an identical one called IPT which was a lot bigger and circulated a lot round the midlands with loads of the Muslim communities involved.

COS was very small in comparison.

Also the last Web traffic info I saw for COS was 22% UK, 19% Morroco and Germany closely followed in 3rd.

There was a one last year called Hyperfund mate, was huge. Only reason this is getting any traction round here is the Nissan City Traders.

Back