Thank you SAFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very touching thread and op, have a great day oldtimer and i hope Sunderland win for you.

Keep the faith fella, fight the fight.

The crowd picture at 3.20pm will show that you are part of a family 48000 strong. We want to see you beaming with pride that you are part of one massive football family wishing you success in your battle.

We may not win today old timer, but I hope you feel like a winner today as I, and thousands of your SAFC family will be thinking about you and wishing you all the best for the difficult time ahead. Football, as you know better than most, can bring out the best and worst of us, but this thread clearly shows the greatness of the SAFC family, we are with you today fella! Now get your hat, coat and scalf ready,you've got 40 thousand family to meet at 3 oclock! Cheers old timer.

Hope that you enjoy the day and wish you all the best. Probably the most moving thing have read on here and puts everything in perspective. Best wishes and FTM.

This thread has has made the hairs on my neck stand up and at the same time made me unashamedly shed a tear.....you make me proud to be a Sunderland fan...

Last edited:
I go to the match with lads that don't get on this board. When i raise my first pint today and declare " this one's for old timer ". When i answer their question of " wheeze that like " with " Oh, someone i don't know off the internet ", i know I'll get a few strange glances. But you know what?. I couldn't give a fuck.
Have a great day fella. The result matters not a toss.

It's times like this that makes supporting this club what it is, we bicker and argue about how we support the team but like old timer says it all comes down to one thing we have in common...our love for the club! The result today isn't important old timer as Sunderland fans we've came to learn that a win is a bonus following this club! What really matters is you go out there, enjoy yourself and know that there is thousands thinking of you...all the best mate!

I go to the match with lads that don't get on this board. When i raise my first pint today and declare " this one's for old timer ". When i answer their question of " wheeze that like " with " Oh, someone i don't know off the internet ", i know I'll get a few strange glances. But you know what?. I couldn't give a fuck.
Have a great day fella. The result matters not a toss.

:cry: but not off everyone.

Stand up at 10 mins and see if we can find you and we ll all applause and sing "there only "one old time safc"!!

Fitting?

No team talk should be required today. Just a print off of this thread given to the players. Let them see what it means to be a Sunderland A.F.C player.

Enjoy the day mate, regardless of the result. We've lost to far worse teams than Man Utd that's for sure :lol:

It would be fitting tribute if the scoreboard flashed up during the game
"Theres only 1 OLD TIMER".
Everyone who has read this thread will associate with the message and should lead the applause for him.

May your last game be a happy game mate. The result doesnt matter, just knowing you are there)
Know that we are all thinking of you and your family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back