Thank you, on behalf of Del Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening Neil,

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I haven't posted much lately, however, I read the board regularly and recall your dad's posts in particular his staunch defence of KK.

From your description, you've lost a wonderful dad and someone who was a pleasure to be around.

Look after yourself and remember the good times mate.

Great post Neil. I recently lost me ol' girl so I have some idea of what you're going through. My way of getting past it all was to follow the example set by my Mam (and your Dad): work hard, lead a full life and take care of the people around you. None of us can choose when and how we check out, but we CAN choose how we use the time before that happens. It's obvious Del Boy chose wisely, good luck to the old fella as he embarks upon his fantastic mysterious journey, and when you read over all these posts you can realise how many lives you can touch - directly and indirectly - when you lead your own life in a positive way.

RIP Del Boy!

Thank you for that Neil, a thoroughly moving tribute to a man who always came across as loving, intelligent and decent.

Being an exile myself I don't get to that many home games, but I was there when we played Sheffield and I'm so pleased your Dad was too. Like others here, I'll always think of him whenever Kyle scores from now on (may there be many, many more goals from him).

God bless Del Boy, you and your family.

Chris.

Very brave of you NeilP....I have been where you are now. I lost my dad when I was 18, he was only 57. It may sound like sentimental bullshit, but time really does heal mate. All the best.

I just wonder if it wouldnt be a good idea to have a sticky on RTG to remember the SAFc related fans and ex players etc. who have passed away in any one year.

Del Boy always got a bit frustrated with my posts (rightly so at times) but I have to admit that the "group" of people I enjoy reading on here the most are what you could endearingly term the "old timers".

I've posted this on a separate thread but I'm sad to hear of the passing of Derek. Hopefully he is at peace wherever he is.

Who knows maybe he's now met Carter and Gurney...or glory be....the Great Charlie Buchan. I'm sure if he has he has revelled in the encounters.....I hope so.

Neil
Very moving post my friend. I normally travel from Stockholm to most of our games but decided to give today a miss. Somehow it feels a bit strange that it is today that i read about your dad.

As of yet I haven´t lost either parent but I sympothise with what you are going through and I admire your courage and positivness at what most be a very unhappy time.

I think both you and your father should be an inspiration to us all. To look at the bright side of both life (your dad) and death (yourself) is both heart warming and inspirational.

Best wished to you and yours, from an emotional part of Scandanavia.

Onions

Absoloutely shocked.

I remember reading Del Boy's post's and to me, his username was one of the few that stood out from the rest.

Can't quite believe what I've just read and certainly the SMB and Sunderland supporters are worse of without him.

RIP son of Roker.

Great post in tribute to a great poster and fan. Our thoughts are with you

Like many others on this Board, Neil, I felt very close to Del Boy - because he made it that way. He would argue his point but he was always conciliatory, always did his utmost to see the other person's point of view. He was three years older than me - a fact of which I reminded him on more than one occasion! - and this age similarity meant that we had seen many of the same teams and players of yester-year and this gave an added interest for me when reading his posts. Along with my fellow-posters I feel that I have lost a true friend and I will always remember him for his humanity, his sense of humour and his devout love of SAFC.

God bless, Del Boy.

I'm deeply moved by your post mate. My thoughts are with you all today.

People like your father are the absolute salt of the earth and that's no platitude.

Good luck.

And in a way, today, Del Boy helped a young lad he's never even met.

I went on the board and early this morning, like everyone else, was shocked and saddened on hearing of Del Boy's passing away. It feels like a part of Sunderland AFC has been taken away from us.

My son plays in goal for an under 8s side. Today they were up against an under 10s in a friendly. For some reason, I found myself saying to him "Please, just for today, just do it for me. Just do it. Just give it all you've got" over and over.

I'm pleased to say the lads held out for a 0-0 draw despite non-stop pressure heaped upon them. My lad was inspired and played perhaps his best game ever. He was a colossus in goal and made this frustrated footballer very proud indeed.

At the final whistle, just for a moment, I looked to the skies and wondered if Del Boy might be looking down. It was certainly Del's influence and led me to motivate my lad like that. If he was, well, Del Boy, today was for you.

In my son I can think of no more fitting tribute to Del Boy and the game he loves. Rest in peace and thank you for making our lives that much better.

Rest in peace Del, lets hope the lads can do their stuff on the pitch and get us up where Del knows we belong...

How apt if Kyler scores the winner at Cardiff? We'll know who was behind that....

Neil if we can do owt to help just yell marra

Can only agree with the posts above, Neil. Certainly reading this early morning in HK brings tears to the eyes and reminds everyone what SAFC can mean to an individual and family. I like Kyle too...roll on Cardiff for him and Del Boy.

Many sympathies Neil and best wishes through your grief. Can't help but echo the sentiments of others when I say that Kyler scoring will, from now on, seem aided from above.

Take care mate. RIP Del Boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back