Thank you FBU

I’ve search and nowt so here we go.

One in the eye for the government as thousands of under appreciated public sector workers will finally get what they signed up for.

I’ve search and nowt so here we go.

One in the eye for the government as thousands of under appreciated public sector workers will finally get what they signed up for.

Short hours and flexi?

won it a couple of months ago
cost our union about 12 million quid too, nobody else took the government to task. the nhs unions are loaded because of the numbers they have as members, but didn't take it on for whatever reason. the fbu has been decimated over the last 15 years, so it was a huge call by our leaders to take the fight on tbh.
the knock on effect for the other public sector workers is absolutely MASSIVE though, all pensions should pretty much revert back to status quo (and rightly so btw !!!!!)

cost our union about 12 million quid too, nobody else took the government to task. the nhs unions are loaded because of the numbers they have as members, but didn't take it on for whatever reason. the fbu has been decimated over the last 15 years, so it was a huge call by our leaders to take the fight on tbh.
the knock on effect for the other public sector workers is absolutely MASSIVE though, all pensions should pretty much revert back to status quo (and rightly so btw !!!!!)

Not necessarily mate. The ruling found that the transitional arrangements were age discriminatory not the reform itself.

Another reason to hate David Cameron.

Tried to divide the country by trying to make public sector workers the enemy.

I’d love to see that twat end up bankrupt and destitute living in the streets.

Went on a few marches in London against the cuts and was labelled the enemy or the blob by that other c**t Gove

Not necessarily mate. The ruling found that the transitional arrangements were age discriminatory not the reform itself.

we won on age, race, and sex discrimination mate, covers all angles ;)
a woman or a b&em pretty much couldn't ever get to pensionable age, meaning they could never finish the scheme.
this was all proved by extensive scientific work done by the fbu, to prove beyond doubt that they were unlawful to change the scheme
plus they governments barrister admitted in court that they only did it because of austerity, and that they couldn't afford to honour the deals they offered in the contracts they had staff sign up to, so that's why they did it
Another reason to hate David Cameron.

Tried to divide the country by trying to make public sector workers the enemy.

I’d love to see that twat end up bankrupt and destitute living in the streets.

Went on a few marches in London against the cuts and was labelled the enemy or the blob by that other c**t Gove

I totally agree mate ! horrible man, but.... a tory is a tory ! every leader to follow him will do exactly the same
they make the rich richer, and leave the working class man behind. selling off whatever public service they can, as they abhor it !

Last edited:
a woman or a b&em pretty much couldn't ever get to pensionable age, meaning they could never finish the scheme.
this was all proved by extensive scientific work done by the fbu, to prove beyond doubt that they were unlawful to change the scheme
plus they governments barrister admitted in court that they only did it because of austerity, and that they couldn't afford to honour the deals they offered in the contracts they had staff sign up to, so that's why they did it

I totally agree mate ! horrible man, but.... a tory is a tory ! every leader to follow him will do exactly the same
they make the rich richer, and leave the working class man behind. selling off whatever public service they can, as they abhor it !
They’ve privatised everything they can. Nearly every school is a private company now, subject to the whims of the academy trusts CEO.

Was told in a meeting this week that we are cutting music and drama next year because it wasn’t “bringing in results the trust wants”

So fuck. The kids who do it choose it because they want to out of enjoyment.

They’ve privatised everything they can. Nearly every school is a private company now, subject to the whims of the academy trusts CEO.

Was told in a meeting this week that we are cutting music and drama next year because it wasn’t “bringing in results the trust wants”

absolutely disgusting that mate ! where on earth are we going as a country ?

The McCloud judgement is huge mate, but I can’t see the Schemes reverting back to the old arrangements. There are a few possible solutions for the Government, but personally I suspect they will just award everyone the transitional arrangements and take the hit.

The McCloud judgement is huge mate, but I can’t see the Schemes reverting back to the old arrangements. There are a few possible solutions for the Government, but personally I suspect they will just award everyone the transitional arrangements and take the hit.

you seem to know what your taking about mate, would you expand when you get time please, just so I can take it back to my branch as a rep 👍 ;)

Heard of a few that have dropped music as an A level option these days. Kids who wanted to stay at the school they have been at since 11 now having to uproot and travel to Huddersfield to take the course of their choice

Unison have loads of members (local govt, NHS etc) and have a big HQ in London (which must cost a few quid) so had the money to fight this but other than the school dinner ladies and anyone on minimum wage ~ I always get the impression they aren't bothered about anyone up the food chain and will do anything to avoid spending money on legal costs (in fact do anything to avoid spending money full stop and rely on the good will of local reps) - so not surprised that did not take it on. Good on the FBU. I always get the impression that Unison is more concerned with the Labour party than looking after it's members.

The Government will just have to fork out. There’s no actual “pot” as far as public sector pensions go anyway, it’s just budget they have to put aside each year.

Anyway, good for the public sector workers. I’ve never been in a position to get such a beneficial pension but I’d be mighty pissed off of my employer suddenly told me they were going to take X% out of my pot and tough luck.

Unison have loads of members (local govt, NHS etc) and have a big HQ in London (which must cost a few quid) so had the money to fight this but other than the school dinner ladies and anyone on minimum wage ~ I always get the impression they aren't bothered about anyone up the food chain and will do anything to avoid spending money on legal costs (in fact do anything to avoid spending money full stop and rely on the good will of local reps) - so not surprised that did not take it on. Good on the FBU. I always get the impression that Unison is more concerned with the Labour party than looking after it's members.

tbf the fbu are COMPLETELY in bed with Corbyn and his mates
but the fbu have worked tirelessly to win this case. a senior executive council member has literally put his heart, soul, and LIFE into this pension battle, to the detriment of himself. he's lost his wife, kids, and home because of the time he's put into winning it (I won't name him out of respect to him)
it would have been a nice gesture for some other huge unions to have part funded the fight (the police fed gave 500k tbf, still doesn't cover the bill of course) but the unions have jumped straight in with their claim, the second the fbu won at the supreme court on the 27th june
millions of public sector workers have benefited from the fbu's battle for justice.
our worst case ff's were a minimum of 250k worse off under the new proposals btw

Any fucker daft enough to run into a burning building to help others deserves a decent pension
It’s not just darts players ( ;)) teachers, paramedics, nurses,etc etc are getting what they were promised and no more
tbf the fbu are COMPLETELY in bed with Corbyn and his mates
but the fbu have worked tirelessly to win this case. a senior executive council member has literally put his heart, soul, and LIFE into this pension battle, to the detriment of himself. he's lost his wife, kids, and home because of the time he's put into winning it (I won't name him out of respect to him)
it would have been a nice gesture for some other huge unions to have part funded the fight (the police fed gave 500k tbf, still doesn't cover the bill of course) but the unions have jumped straight in with their claim, the second the fbu won at the supreme court on the 27th june
millions of public sector workers have benefited from the fbu's battle for justice.
our worst case ff's were a minimum of 250k worse off under the new proposals btw
And I thank the strength of him and his members
Possibly but it’s a win
It has a massive impact on me. Pension contributions since 1993 and with the possibility of being over 1/2 way through, it’s massive. I nearly left it last year as I felt hard done too with the intention of taking my lot at 50 and taking a 30% hit on it. That’s now changed and talking to other people in my age bracket, them too. It might not be that bad in other ways for the government as we may just be paying into it for longer
This might be selfish. If the reform is for new pension subscription then I can’t see how you can complain. There’s a choice to be taken or not. I joined my scheme as can they. I chose not to join for 3 years as I had no idea of my intentions but I don’t moan, it’s a choice I foolishly made.

Last edited:

Back