Tetris 99

L

Lexingtongue

Anyone playing on Switch? What a great multi-player game and free with an online subscription, too.

I play it occasionally. It's great fun. I'm yet to win a game like. Think about 15th is my best.
I've played for a few hours now. Won once (see below), finished second a number of times, and pretty consistently finish in the top 10. I'd say if I was a football team I'd be Everton. :lol: Love Tetris.

By the way, if you win one, it unlocks a pro version of the game called Invictus, for winners only. :lol:

I've played for a few hours now. Won once (see below), finished second a number of times, and pretty consistently finish in the top 10. I'd say if I was a football team I'd be Everton. :lol: Love Tetris.

By the way, if you win one, it unlocks a pro version of the game called Invictus, for winners only. :lol:

I'd need a massive slice of luck to win one mate. I'm not great at it.

It's class on the Switch but I'm shite! Best I've managed is 20th. I can't handle the stress man.
I've got 9 wins in 110 matches, one of which was in the 'Invictus' or Champions League section. I've finished top three about 15/20 times and usually finish in the top ten. That said, sometimes it comes down to being unlucky as I finished 97/98 yesterday; just got absolutely smashed with garbage blocks before I had the chance to do anything about them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 9 wins in 110 matches, one of which was in the 'Invictus' or Champions League section. I've finished top three about 15/20 times and usually finish in the top ten. That said, sometimes it comes down to being unlucky as I finished 97/98 yesterday; just got absolutely smashed with garbage blocks before I had the chance to do anything about them!

The luck of the draw / just being unfortunate with getting pummelled with penalties is the only thing that frustrates me with it. Sometimes it feels like you're smashing it and 10 seconds later you're dead.

The luck of the draw / just being unfortunate with getting pummelled with penalties is the only thing that frustrates me with it. Sometimes it feels like you're smashing it and 10 seconds later you're dead.
Do you know how to handle the garbage blocks in the left channel? Also, if you focus on K.O.s, you add additional garbage per badge but also receive additional, too. It's risk and reward, but I agree, it can be frustrating sometimes. Must say, my own mistakes are what usually cost me. I can handle being near the top of the screen but I'll occasionally hard drop my blocks in the wrong place and that's it for me. I play fast as speed is my best asset, but it means occasional misdrops. :lol:

Do you know how to handle the garbage blocks in the left channel? Also, if you focus on K.O.s, you add additional garbage per badge but also receive additional, too. It's risk and reward, but I agree, it can be frustrating sometimes. Must say, my own mistakes are what usually cost me. I can handle being near the top of the screen but I'll occasionally hard drop my blocks in the wrong place and that's it for me. I play fast as speed is my best asset, but it means occasional misdrops. :lol:

I don't know what any of that means, I need to do some research!

I don't know what any of that means, I need to do some research!
Haha, it's not very clear at all, I had to do my own digging. Thankfully I know a bit about Tetris mechanics so understood most of it. I'd be happy to explain anything you don't if necessary. I'd be happy to give you a game as well, but I don't think you can do matches against specific people, can you?

Haha, it's not very clear at all, I had to do my own digging. Thankfully I know a bit about Tetris mechanics so understood most of it. I'd be happy to explain anything you don't if necessary. I'd be happy to give you a game as well, but I don't think you can do matches against specific people, can you?

Cheers bud, I'll have to read up a bit but will see how I get on. Currently playing through the original Doom for the 1,000th time after downloading it on Switch.

Back