Tetchy help - no hot water

Call a fvcking plumber ffs!
Nah
The switch thingy is stuck.
It’s probably just this
Sounds similar to a problem my daughter recently had with her system.
Problem was a faulty electric valve for the hot water that kept closing off the flow.
That’s a good tetchy answer
Reset the boiler, check that the pressure hasn't dropped and that it's not throwing up error codes.
Ta, tried that and it says SF9 or 999 depending how many buttons I press/smash at the same time
There is something VERY wrong with your boiler
You must, believe, what you m,ust believe
Easy. Just take some cold water and throw it on a nearby volcano: instant piping hot water.
If only I lived in the KINGDOM

I'm nee plumber like but we had similar not so long ago. The diverter valve switches over to hot water when the boiler boiler senses the hot water tap has been turned on. Its one of two things, faulty sensor so the boiler doesnt think hot water is on, or faulty diverter valve, which is stuck on heating side

Sounds like your valves stuck, see if there's a manual slide on it, failing that build a bonfire and send the missus out with a big pot of water to heat for your bath numerous times

The actuator that opens and shuts the valve could be buggered. Fairly straightforward to replace. Just find out what model you have and find it on the internet. I gave it a go years when I convinced myself that the call out charge alone would be huge. I thought spending £25 on what I thought was the problem was worth the risk. I think this was similar to what I had. Danfoss HPA2 2 Port Valve Actuator 4 Wire but they are about £50 now so more of a punt.

Back