Tetchy help needed - phone using data allowance even when on wifi

Talking to a TWAT on tech support. Mobile phone is using up data even as I sit connected to wifi. TWAT on the line saying turn off mobile data. But why, I ask, do I need to turn off mobile data? I shouldn’t be using the data allowance if I’m on wifi. That’s right, the phone will not use data allowance if you’re on wifi. OK, says I, I’m on wifi and the data allowance is going down. So turn off your mobile data, says the TWAT. Why? Says I, it shouldn’t be using the allowance if I’m on wifi. That’s right, the phone will not use data if you’re on WIFI, says the TWAT.

And repeat.

Anyone able to do better than this TWAT and suggest why the phone is using data even when connecting to wifi?

Talking to a TWAT on tech support. Mobile phone is using up data even as I sit connected to wifi. TWAT on the line saying turn off mobile data. But why, I ask, do I need to turn off mobile data? I shouldn’t be using the data allowance if I’m on wifi. That’s right, the phone will not use data allowance if you’re on wifi. OK, says I, I’m on wifi and the data allowance is going down. So turn off your mobile data, says the TWAT. Why? Says I, it shouldn’t be using the allowance if I’m on wifi. That’s right, the phone will not use data if you’re on WIFI, says the TWAT.

And repeat.

Anyone able to do better than this TWAT and suggest why the phone is using data even when connecting to wifi?
racist.:evil:

And repeat.

My query would be is it definitely using the data?

If you're receiving this information from the network provider or using the network providers app then I recommend a factory reset save sending your phone to be fixed.

But you may be receiving this information from the bespoke on board apps nokia sometimes provide in which case the app is literally recording all data usage and not ignoring data received via wifi.

Assuming they're a TWAT as well..... what if they don't identify as one :rolleyes:

And repeat.

When my phone isn't around a wifi signal it eats the data until a wifi signal is detected, it does this automatically. Check your settings.

Back