Testos

I use the A19 six days a week, work in shields, live in shiney. I am sick of the closures now, Going home southbound at night the A19 is closed off, but what pees me right off is there is no warning, of the weekday closures .As Asda is on my way home, I pop in do a bit of shopping. Head towards Testos praying its open. Should refund motorists who have to do detours. The amount of times I have had to head to Washington and up the highway is just stupid. If there were more advanced warning instead of the road being closed when they just fancy closing it. I`d head towards Cleadon.

If I’m going to drive anywhere that I normally and regularly drive in my local vicinity I always take the trouble to check the internet and forensically explore the route I’ll be taking to make sure there’ll be no obstructions and to ensure that people on message boards don’t think I’m a woman. It would be silly not to really.

Must be close to finishing now. I used to go that way to Unipres and signs said Summer 2021 for completion.

probably will be summer. the middle lanes pretty much done for the flyover and the progress made for laying the road has been quick.

I've noticed that if you come onto the A19 from Chester Road, while there's plenty of average speed camera signs, there's only one average speed camera heading towards Testos. Then if you turn off to go to Newcastlte there aren't anymore

Last edited:
I was there yesterday but what I know about civil engineering you could right on the back of a stamp.

But there is a rusty bridge over the top and lots of workmen standing around doing nothing wearing hi viz jackets.

No doubt there is a Gannt chart somewhere with a time line and there will be endless meetings that spout trendy shite about mitigation and scope creep - just get the thing done lads eh!

I was there yesterday but what I know about civil engineering you could right on the back of a stamp.

But there is a rusty bridge over the top and lots of workmen standing around doing nothing wearing hi viz jackets.

No doubt there is a Gannt chart somewhere with a time line and there will be endless meetings that spout trendy shite about mitigation and scope creep - just get the thing done lads eh!
Tbf I think it’ll be open in the next 6 weeks with a bit of luck and they do the smaller jobs around it (silverlink was open like that long before workmen stopped)

Back