Testing

So why say stuff like this when I've now shown you it was a global thing and now also about the hand washing process? Guess how I knew about that, I just did 2 google's that took seconds and the 1st was 'happy birthday washing hands' and 2nd 'hand washing uk' and there they were in the first few results.
But thats not what Karen off Facebook says so it cant be correct

The washing of hands and its link to happy birthday x2. Unless the WHO are wrong?

Also provide a link for virologist saying that hand washing doesnt stop transmission and also the peer review of such opinions too.

Thanks

Virologist on the Joe Rogan podcast. I'm not saying he's right by the way as I pointed out in my last post.

Using Boris as an example, with him being a high profile case, did he wash his hands? Did he wash them combined with singing happy birthday? Do you think the result would have been any different if he had sang happy birthday at all/repeated it more?

When other countries were in lockdown do you think they had just forgotten singing happy birthday was so effective?

If singing happy birthday is so effective then why are we now implementing social distancing measures?

Do you agree that social distancing/lockdowns control the spread of the virus more than washing hands and singing songs?

They are. They announced on 24th March that they’d ordered 3.5 million kits and they’d be available “within days” from Amazon and Boots.

They confirmed on the 2nd of April that some of them didn’t work and now we have confirmation that none of them work. I suggest you actually look at the timeline of what the government says and when they say it.

They announced that they needed to check the tests. They did it at the daily briefings. They couldn't have been more clear.

So why say stuff like this when I've now shown you it was a global thing and now also about the hand washing process? Guess how I knew about that, I just did 2 google's that took seconds and the 1st was 'happy birthday washing hands' and 2nd 'hand washing uk' and there they were in the first few results. That's from WHO and the NHS also so are they to blame for all this mess?

Aye the government has made mistakes, as have other countries governments but this test thing is just fake news/info if people don't read into it further or already know more details. It spreads like this thread for example and you then get people like West Winger focusing on certain points, rather than the whole picture as I've shown him twice in 2 days how his comments were basically shite. That's why your comment about the Happy Birthday thing was unjustified and I simply showed you why it was.

The global thing wasn't to combat this virus by singing songs. It was to lockdown.

While other counties were going into lockdown our PM was going on tv to say the plan is to let everyone get it and sing songs at it.

We now have nearly every country either in lockdowns or extremely high testing and social distancing measures. I don't see anyone at all advising their public to sing happy birthday instead. Including us.

What a monumental waste of time and money.
Here you go LOP, read this post and watch each video until Whitty stops talking and you'll see a bit more about the situation we're in.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/testing.1512659/page-3

Please don't believe the media and the hype or some of the shite people post on here. There's good reason behind this as they simply don't want to tell people they've had it and they haven't and they then go onto get infected and die or pass it onto someone close to them and they die. I'd rather wait and ensure shit like that doesn't happen. Can you imagine if they tested you and said "aye you've had it" when in fact you hadn't? A week later you get infected and then go visit an older relative who is self isolating and pass it on, boom weeks later they're dead!

This is what people don't get and those videos explain this quite clearly but some either choose to ignore that or simply don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Virologist on the Joe Rogan podcast. I'm not saying he's right by the way as I pointed out in my last post.

Using Boris as an example, with him being a high profile case, did he wash his hands? Did he wash them combined with singing happy birthday? Do you think the result would have been any different if he had sang happy birthday at all/repeated it more?

When other countries were in lockdown do you think they had just forgotten singing happy birthday was so effective?

If singing happy birthday is so effective then why are we now implementing social distancing measures?

Do you agree that social distancing/lockdowns control the spread of the virus more than washing hands and singing songs?
No i think social distancing and lockdowns are equally as important as not being a scruffy bastard.

Boris - Do you know that he caught the virus from touch as opposed to inhalation? If not then you cant actually say whether hand washing was pertinent anyway.

Hoy up the podcast for everyone to see

The global thing wasn't to combat this virus by singing songs. It was to lockdown.

While other counties were going into lockdown our PM was going on tv to say the plan is to let everyone get it and sing songs at it.

We now have nearly every country either in lockdowns or extremely high testing and social distancing measures. I don't see anyone at all advising their public to sing happy birthday instead. Including us.
Did you miss the bit where I posted WHO were advising the world?

As for lockdown, South Korea have been in lockdown but when they come out they may well have a big problem. Out of 410,000 tested they only have 10,000 positive cases last week. If we'd tested 410,000 including people with mild symptoms I wonder how many have already had it? Aye we've sadly deaths but locking down too early means 10,000's more would go through the process as some point until a vaccine is found. Also locking down too early may well cause problems weeks later when people are getting restless. This current lockdown isn't ending soon and certainly not this next weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
No i think social distancing and lockdowns are equally as important as not being a scruffy bastard.

Boris - Do you know that he caught the virus from touch as opposed to inhalation? If not then you cant actually say whether hand washing was pertinent anyway.

Hoy up the podcast for everyone to see

Boris was saying he wash shaking hands with infected patients 2 weeks prior so it's not a massive leap to suggest it was from touch. And if it was from inhalation then all the hand washing and happy birthday songs in the world isn't going to stop that.

It's worth a listen regardless of what you want to take from it. The discussion on the deer disease and the potential it has of moving onto humans is frightening.

Yes. Did you miss the bit where I said countries weren't doing that and were implementimg other measures instead? Even we've sacked off telling people to sing happy birthday once the imperial model came out.

As for lockdown, South Korea have been in lockdown but when they come out they may well have a big problem. Out of 410,000 tested they only have 10,000 positive cases last week. If we'd tested 410,000 including people with mild symptoms I wonder how many have already had it? Aye we've sadly deaths but locking down too early means 10,000's more would go through the process as some point until a vaccine is found. Also locking down too early may well cause problems weeks later when people are getting restless. This current lockdown isn't ending soon and certainly not this next weekend!

I expect the lockdown to last months. I know the public services have been advised end of May at rhe earliest with still certain restrictions.

I'm not sure I've suggested anywhere it will end this weekend have I not?

Last edited:
That's because the antibody test isn't yet finalised but the amount of people who don't get this, and even more so the press is puzzling as it's something that's been repeated a few times now :confused:. It's the fact they keep getting pressed for something that has no definite date given the unreliability of these tests but then the press start to put dates on.

Aye they'd said end of April but as you said "it's a target" and it's not a certainty. If there's no antibody test as the claims from manufacturers are shown to be shite during the evaluation process then that's the point of blame. Or do people want antibody tests that tell people they've had it and they go about their business, get infected and possibly end up ill or dying or passing it onto someone close to them who dies?

That was an idea of how long and again more of a global thing than UK. There was plenty info on how to wash your hands properly such as this.

I see your point, the antibody test isn’t finalised. However this doesn’t mean handcock could not have committed to the volume of ‘ have I got it’ tests . Why can he not do that ?

Boris was saying he wash shaking hands with infected patients 2 weeks prior so it's not a massive leap to suggest it was from touch. And if it was from inhalation then all the hand washing and happy birthday songs in the world isn't going to stop that.

It's worth a listen regardless of what you want to take from it. The discussion on the deer disease and the potential it has of moving onto humans is frightening.

Yes. Did you miss the bit where I said countries weren't doing that and were implementimg other measures instead? Even we've sacked off telling people to sing happy birthday once the imperial model came out.
Ah well lets not wash our hands and see what happens eh?

Which public services have been advised the end of May and on what basis?

Ah well lets not wash our hands and see what happens eh?

Which public services have been advised the end of May and on what basis?

Police were briefed on it last week. Measures expected to be in place until end of May at the earliest but depends on the curve/peak. With a phased release in terms of what people/which people can do/go out etc.

Seems to fall in line with the imperial college model of relaxing restrictions and tightening them based on the curve of contractions/ICU cases.

The imperial college model of course has planned out the next 24 months based on a vaccine becoming available in 18-24.

So it's pretty much a certainty it won't be all out at the weekend and indeed we are looking at several months of restrictions.

For the self employed, the grant/benefits arent being allocated until June which also suggests we are looking at in for the long run.

I've not at any point said don't wash your hands by the way. I've said singing happy birthday has no effect on the outcome of washing them.

Last edited:
Well I would have made sure they worked first. Other posters indicated this has been the case here so fingers crossed they can procure ones that are fit for purpose asap.
So you’d of taken the risk of other countries buying them whilst u made sure they worked

I think Hancock would of been slaughtered if he had done that and lost them by dilly dallying

I agree with your second point but am also thankful that I didn't have to make some of the decisions that needed making nor those that need making In future

So you’d of taken the risk of other countries buying them whilst u made sure they worked

I think Hancock would of been slaughtered if he had done that and lost them by dilly dallying

I agree with your second point but am also thankful that I didn't have to make some of the decisions that needed making nor those that need making In future
We just need accuracy and a way to end this nightmare as quickly as possible. Obviously it will be most likely many months down the line before the regular plebs like me get tested (because they're obviously going to be doing NHS staff, patients and carers / key workers first, which is only right).

Back