Tested positive today .

I was confirmed with having covid late Tuesday evening along with my girlfriend. I'm extremely vulnerable due to having Addison's disease.

Just a big up to the vaccination which we've both had. I was a bit rough during Tuesday. Hot, headache, cough and tired. However, I've been getting better by the day. Just a bit under the weather now. The GF only has a cough.

I feel very lucky to have caught Covid 3 weeks after my vaccination. It's made it very manageable.
bloody hell, I bet you were relieved. Had you dropped your guard a wee bit after having the vaccine ?

bloody hell, I bet you were relieved. Had you dropped your guard a wee bit after having the vaccine ?
Not really. The GF's daughter's boyfriend caught it, probably through work, he's a council electrician. He passed it on to her daughter.

They were both feeling very rough so we agreed to look after her 3 year old who was showing no symptoms. After 5 days he developed a cough and tested positive too. A couple of days later we went the same way.

Not really. The GF's boyfriend caught it, probably through work, he's a council electrician. He passed it on to her daughter.

They were both feeling very rough so we agreed to look after her 3 year old who was showing no symptoms. After 5 days he developed a cough and tested positive too. A couple of days later we went the same way.

The girlfriends boyfriend caught it? f***ing rough luck finding that out and catching Covid the same week marra ;)

Just joking, glad the vaccine has mitigated it

Not really. The GF's daughter's boyfriend caught it, probably through work, he's a council electrician. He passed it on to her daughter.

Pleased you seem to be OK. I'm nee Petrocelli but I think your boyfriends daughter was probably the spreader after skipping through your posts.

Hi everyone came back on and seen18 alerts
Feel crap i've caused a lot of concern ..i've had a really rough few days went into a bit of a slump in bed sleeping sweating fever 24/7 had a video doc app with 111 yesterday docs prescribed some antibiotics for my chest rash ..doc also said it could take 3 weeks for mine to clear ..just got to keep an eye on my oxygen stats .
Thank you everyone for your concerns and love and best wishes for speedy recoveries to those who have loved ones who are suffering x
Any better marra?

All my other symptoms seem to have gone now (including the sore throat, woo!) but still knackered with the fatigue and my chest is getting worse. Had to nap this afternoon after taking the dog for a walk which is the first time in over a week I’ve needed to do that. On my ventolin inhaler now before sleep, first thing in the morning and then 1 or 2 times during the day. With my chest being bad it’s keeping me up again during the night either through wheezing/coughing.

However I’m taking positives in that the other symptoms have abated. Being able to sneeze for the first time in almost 7 weeks without feeling like my throat was going to explode was amazing.

Hopefully the beginning of the end for both of us!

Any better marra?

All my other symptoms seem to have gone now (including the sore throat, woo!) but still knackered with the fatigue and my chest is getting worse. Had to nap this afternoon after taking the dog for a walk which is the first time in over a week I’ve needed to do that. On my ventolin inhaler now before sleep, first thing in the morning and then 1 or 2 times during the day. With my chest being bad it’s keeping me up again during the night either through wheezing/coughing.

However I’m taking positives in that the other symptoms have abated. Being able to sneeze for the first time in almost 7 weeks without feeling like my throat was going to explode was amazing.

Keep checking in on here mate...

Any better marra?

I'm sure you're aware, try sleeping with your bed sleeping end (or pillows) elevated. It should help keep your lungs a bit clearer as you sleep.
You know what's normal for your inhalers, anything outside of that, phone your docs and speak to the asthma clinic/nurse agree to an action plan.
Other than that, fight the fuc**r 🤬

Keep checking in on here mate...
Will do bud.

I'm sure you're aware, try sleeping with your bed sleeping end (or pillows) elevated. It should help keep your lungs a bit clearer as you sleep.
You know what's normal for your inhalers, anything outside of that, phone your docs and speak to the asthma clinic/nurse agree to an action plan.
Other than that, fight the fuc**r 🤬
Aye, got a couple of pillows plus a big furry V shaped thing to keep me up 😂

I’ve got an occy health review next week. Hopefully I’ve had an overnight recovery (which seems to happen) but if not then I’ll need to speak to the GP to extend my sick note but I’ll also see if they want to try me on a preventer again.

Just sick of it all now. Did the ligaments around my lumbar region early Dec, then just as I’d recovered enough to start training again this hit me. Thought I’d be able to shift the Christmas pounds quickly in Jan once my back was up to it, instead I need to rebrand as Balloon 😂

would have been a tough call to make if you hadn't had the vaccine - and nice edit !

Turning the corner and feel 15% better , blocked nose and fever gone ,still a horrible mettalic taste in my mouth anyone suffering keep on trucking plenty of liquids and get a oxygen checker off amazon for £20 . Looking forward to watching my first match in 3 weeks.
Keep on keeping on fella, enjoy the match and please keep us up to date (when you're able to) so we know you're okay xx

Definitley on the mend ,went for a 4 mile walk today ,was out of breath/gasping a few times which is weird as when i had covid i wasn't when i walked up the stairs etc? ? ,

I checked my oxygen levels tonight and they were 98 , highest ever ,still got a shit metallic taste in my mouth but i can't complain .

To anyone who has it get the water down you ,paras every 6 hrs and buy a £20 oxygen meter off amazon check your levels,anything below 94 dial 999 .
Best wishes to people who are suffering or have loved ones who are , A lot of people think we are out the woods with the vaccine but they don't realise people are still suffering with it .

Definitley on the mend ,went for a 4 mile walk today ,was out of breath/gasping a few times which is weird as when i had covid i wasn't when i walked up the stairs etc? ? ,

I checked my oxygen levels tonight and they were 98 , highest ever ,still got a shit metallic taste in my mouth but i can't complain .

To anyone who has it get the water down you ,paras every 6 hrs and buy a £20 oxygen meter off amazon check your levels,anything below 94 dial 999 .
Best wishes to people who are suffering or have loved ones who are , A lot of people think we are out the woods with the vaccine but they don't realise people are still suffering with it .
pleased to hear, good man.

How you getting on?

Fri through to Mon morning were bad for my chest, but touch wood, since then been good.

I’m still not making it more than a couple of miles walking though. Been signed off for another 4 weeks 😭 Looking like it’s gonna be a while before I’m back. Work have said they want me 4 weeks clear of any symptoms before I come back to make sure I can pretty much hit the ground running.

Back