TEST SERIES:India v Sri Lanka

They had a fuckload of rain over the first two days - which I think was the main reason the quicks had such success.

Then on Day 5, when India were trying to bowl SL out for the win, the pitch was only really a Day 3 pitch in terms of wear, so not a great deal of turn naturally.

Nagpur were instructed to prepare a green seamers deck. They really are cheating bastards I'm afraid.

They're doing it to prepare for SA, and later on England. Not that treating a Test series as a warm up is better than pitch doctoring. Say they won't have enough time to prepare for the SA series, blaming the SA board of course, when in fact they could have agreed to go out to SA earlier but wanted to swell their already bursting coffers by squeezing in the SL series. They're money grabbing cúnts however you look at it.

That's what home advantage is/should be though. I'd like to see us do it more than we do for sure.

Can't agree. Test cricket is becoming increasingly one sided in favour of home teams which is eroding credibility of the format.

Groundsmen are required to prepare a pitch that is a fair contest of bat and ball. I can't see how preparing a wicket that overwhelmingly benefits the home team's bowlers meets this criterion. Nagpur have been fined for this sort of pitch fixing in the past.

Sri Lanka 136/4 batting first in the 2nd Test

Tea on day 2.

SL collapsed from 159/4 to 205 all out.
India currently 185/1 with Vijay 106 not out and Pujara 71 not out.

Last edited:

Back