TEST SERIES:India v Sri Lanka

brandon

Striker
India 17-3 after Day One. Load of rain forecast for Day's 2 & 3 also...... Might struggle to get a result over in Kolkata.

Lakmal 3-0 from 6 overs :eek:.

Three Test Series.

Pujara still there on 47*. Would say he's the main threat next summer for us. When its doing a bit, swinging and seaming not spin obviously, the rest haven't got a clue.

I had no excuse for not seeing he other threda. So I'll post me BCCI bashing on here.

How do these fuckers get away with playing all their series at home? They only times they seem to play away is SL and Bangladesh too.

Eh?

They've been to England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies (as well as SL and Bangladesh) in the last 3/4 years.

Eh?

They've been to England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies (as well as SL and Bangladesh) in the last 3 years.

:lol:

I guess my BCCI bashing was a bit off.

Actually hold on, lets chew the stats. Since 2011 they have had 20 series 11 at home 3 in subcontinent and 6 "away". So its not as rosy as you make out, and not quite as bad as I made out.

In the same period we have had 25 series 13 at home 12 away.

Ausssies 24 series 12 home and 12 away.

Saffers 23 series 13 home 11 away

Dunno if thats helped my argument btw

I guess my BCCI bashing was a bit off.

Actually hold on, lets chew the stats. Since 2011 they have had 20 series 11 at home 3 in subcontinent and 6 "away". So its not as rosy as you make out, and not quite as bad as I made out.

In the same period we have had 25 series 13 at home 12 away.

Ausssies 24 series 12 home and 12 away.

Saffers 23 series 13 home 11 away

Dunno if thats helped my argument btw

11-9
13-12
12-12
13-11

It's broadly in line, you can't just discount away series in Asia man. Plus I note that the three previous series to your sample size were all away, so a bit selective there chief.

It just looks bad at the minute as they didn't play outside Asia this year.

11-9
13-12
12-12
13-11

It's broadly in line, you can't just discount away series in Asia man. Plus I note that the three previous series to your sample size were all away, so a bit selective there chief.

It just looks bad at the minute as they didn't play outside Asia this year.

I was hoping you wouldn't have picked up on that sample size issue. Your a proper pedant you like. ;)

Still hate the BCCI though.

And actually I can count those subcontinent away matches as home as they dont play the pakis as they are running scared of them and keeping them down, you know in your heart of hearts that the bcci are doing that on purpose.

Amazing how their wickets turn from rank bunsons to fastbowlers wickets depending on the opposition.

I think this puts to bed the myth that you can't prepare a fast bowling wicket in India because weathers.

Amazing how their wickets turn from rank bunsons to fastbowlers wickets depending on the opposition.

I think this puts to bed the myth that you can't prepare a fast bowling wicket in India because weathers.

They had a fuckload of rain over the first two days - which I think was the main reason the quicks had such success.

Then on Day 5, when India were trying to bowl SL out for the win, the pitch was only really a Day 3 pitch in terms of wear, so not a great deal of turn naturally.

Back