TEST MATCH :: England v Pakistan

Play off final latest

Fulham lead 1-0 with about 30 mins left. Cairney scored first half

The challenge has always been two fold with him

1) does he have the technique when it’s doing a bit?
2) can he play an innings for the situation, sensibly when needed and attacking when needed?

As I say I haven’t seen it, but he’s answering number 2

No issue with being against the decision to select him and if England had been playing well i'm sure he wouldn't have been. What I was surprised at was how vehemently some posters were in their criticism saying he was completely incapable of being a red ball cricketer.

No issue with being against the decision to select him and if England had been playing well i'm sure he wouldn't have been. What I was surprised at was how vehemently some posters were in their criticism saying he was completely incapable of being a red ball cricketer.
I wasn’t saying he couldn’t be. I was saying he didn’t play the game.

Excellent partnership of 125 from buttler and Bess

England lead by 56

New ball will be available early on Sunday

Play off final

Fulham lead 1-0 but down to ten men, 20 mins left

He's one of the best talents this country has, the focus should be on making players like him into test players.

First session of the Test we've won, but as bad as it's been, if we win the next session in the match too - we'll be in a position where we could win :eek:

I wasn’t saying he couldn’t be. I was saying he didn’t play the game.
He’s a massive talent and I’d be far more inclined to pick on international form ODI etc than someone whacking ropey county bowling about.

It was silly really, people getting themselves bogged down with stats rather than what they watch themselves.

I would love to think a lead of 200 could be on, but new ball due early tomorrow, could see the end come quickly.

However a new ball, has been known to fly to the boundary quicker and you just never know.

However whatever is the final score, England are constantly fifty or less for three, in nearly every test in the last year.

It's not good enough and a solution has to be found sharpish as the Indians will be coming over and will want to win more than ever before in england

I would love to think a lead of 200 could be on, but new ball due early tomorrow, could see the end come quickly.

However a new ball, has been known to fly to the boundary quicker and you just never know.

However whatever is the final score, England are constantly fifty or less for three, in nearly every test in the last year.

It's not good enough and a solution has to be found sharpish as the Indians will be coming over and will want to win more than ever before in england

How did England getting the new ball in Pakistan's first innings go? We can hope. :)

Back